Graduation money

Yeah, if you can't decide now, that means you don't really want something badly enough. At the very least, save it for a Wayne's World-esque "Oh yes - it will be mine" moment.
biggrin.gif

And just think...he was saying that about an all original 62 olympic white fender strat. An awesome guitar!

But back on track....I agree w/Excyber. If you have nothing your really drooling for now, wait. It will come to you. Just don't go and nickle and dime it away.

Well I'm not exactly a 'student' of nunchaku, I just like to twiddle when I'm bored and I've got a hand free (ahem) in the hope that I will miraculously become Bruce Lee. Plus those foam ones are too light..

I agree, they are lighter then a wood pair, but what we are looking for here is to develope muscle memory and the coordination needed to manipulate them without hurting yourself. They are a good teaching tool. When you have the moves down, then you switch to the heavier wood ones in order to get used to the feel. Barring that, if you insist on using the wood pair, then start slow. Build your control slowly increasing speed and intensity over time. Be patient and get comfortable with them. I don't recommend using them in an actuall conflict until you have done this. Also, remember that you have to take responsability for any injuries you inflict on others while using them. So be judicial. Only if its absolutly necessary(ie they are coming at you with a weapon and you feel your life is in danger).

Originally posted by jim993@June 25 2002,14:30

NO wants NO dessires not sure if that's total enlightenment or chronic depression.

It's detachment from earthly desires. You're getting there, grasshopper. Now just shave your head and take up chanting.

Take $250 of it and just blow it away at the used game and CD shops getting whatever ya want. Hit the dollar CD bins and grab anything you might want to try, maybe you'll hit upon something new that you'll like.

Take the next $250 and have fun. Go to a few concerts or something. Buy an extra ticket and go hit on that chick you keep chatting with but never get around to asking out. Just ask her out soon enough so that you'll know if she can go to the concert you're asking her to before she leaves to go to college in another state... (Wait, there I go ranting from personal experience again...)

And invest that last $500. If you're just now getting out of highschool, I can guarantee that you will need it down the road. College is expensive as fuck, and I'm not just talking about tuition and books. Maybe stick $250 in a savings account and invest the other $250 on the stock market. (Martha Stewart stocks are probably a good investment right now. They've dropped severely the last few days, but once she squeaks out of her current controvercy, her stock will make a steady rise again.)

Don't pay hefty shop prices just cos you have the dough though, wait for bargains and you'll always know that you have the cash waiting to snap it up. Alternatively, you could buy me the Salamander Duluxe Pack on Saturn
smile.gif

buy or build a mame/console arcade machine..you won't get sick of it cause you can play tons of games..i want one so bad it hurts..hehe

Back