HELP,PLEASE!:Saturn repair..

I have two PAL Saturn model 2,one modded and perfectly working and one non working (and not modded).This non working Saturn initially didn't recognize any discs,the the motor didn't spin at all,so I presumed it was a laser problem,maybe it was dead.So I bought a new laser (only the lens,not the whole unit ..),I changed it and now this Saturn reads any game disc as audio cd,it plays the audio tracks well .So i tried this thing:I swapped the new laser lens with the one in the modded and working Saturn.Result:the working and modded saturn still works perfectly and the non working Saturn still recognizes any disc as audio cd.So I draw the conclusion that it's not a matter of laser lens (or better:it was only in part because now the Saturn at lest reads the audio tracks of the games while before it didn't read anything...).

I state that these two Saturn have the same cd board:EXL P605.

So what is the problem that prevents the Saturn from booting the games.Maybe I have to check the ribbon cables?I have also regulated the laser potentiometer (of both laser lenses I tried..) trying various positions,but nothing to do,it still reads the disc as audio cd..

Maybe I have to swap the whole CD drive (not only the laser lens but also the cd board..) to verify if it's a problem of the cd board?

I wait your help and advice..

Thanks in advance

UPDATE:I swapped the whole cd drive and now the Saturn that didn't work works perfectly now (boots original and backups..) with the CD board of the working one,but the modded Saturn that first worked now behaviours like the non working (it reads alll discs as audio cd..)...

At this point the problem is in the CD board,maybe some components are gone...

Back