i have a wee secret....

I like it. But I think it's a little too big to fit. I think the best part is the inclusion of Sega characters. Maybe if you were to take the existing one and somehow include Sonic in it? Like him running top speed in front of the logo (not animated or anything)?

If you want to know, to me, it still looks a little conceptual, if that's a word. It just doesn't look polished. And also, it looks like someone just opened the door to their room, as if there was alot of crap going on in there, and they're smiling as if nothing was happening.

It's a good image but certainly not a logo. However, it's pretty easy to tell that you took pictures that were smaller and increased them as I can see individual pixels on Tails, Sonic, etc. When you shrink it they are going to get even more distorted. It's also WAY too busy to be a logo. It would make a good desktop background (if you like that sort of thing).

Your logo, Gallstaff, seems to be aimed at a very young audience, with the cudly creatures dancing and smiling at the viewer. It also looks very rough. The letters are unpolished and will look bad when their size is reduced. The characters look jagged and disproportionate. As well, the effects in the picture are groundless - effects for the sake of effects. They make it harder to read the messge as well. No offence, but your logo looks like a twenty minute job.

The current logo is much better. It fits with the design and the color scheme of the site. It does not have effects without purpose - the X in the middle gives lighting, while the rest of the picture in neatly beaveled and textured to accept the light. The text is very neat. It is hard to find a pixel out of place.

In conclusion, you better work on your design skills first and learn from the current logo instead of rashing to replace it.

Originally posted by Rumata@Aug. 28 2002, 3:07 pm

Your logo, Gallstaff, seems to be aimed at a very young audience, with the cudly creatures dancing and smiling at the viewer. It also looks very rough. The letters are unpolished and will look bad when their size is reduced. The characters look jagged and disproportionate. As well, the effects in the picture are groundless - effects for the sake of effects. They make it harder to read the messge as well. No offence, but your logo looks like a twenty minute job.

The current logo is much better. It fits with the design and the color scheme of the site. It does not have effects without purpose - the X in the middle gives lighting, while the rest of the picture in neatly beaveled and textured to accept the light. The text is very neat. It is hard to find a pixel out of place.

In conclusion, you better work on your design skills first and learn from the current logo instead of rashing to replace it.

Damn, that's harsh

What do you expect? I now have to go and buy the cupcakes.
sad.gif

Ah.. the lovely process of graphics design. I would have to agree with Cyn, Nadius and Google there. It's a great place to start, just needs a little polishing. The placement of Sonic characters is tight (um.. tight as in good
wink.gif
), but they look like they were blown up a bit too much. The text elements are OK. Rather than keeping "xtreme" in the same font I would use something different, perhaps overlay it slightly on the "SEGA" to keep the size down. One other thing I noticed is that the edges from the original documents where you cut the characters out of are showing. Yikes that's a mouthful. I tend to do things the long, complicated way.. If you have white or any other color edges showing (and you don't want them showing in this case), take your paint brush and carefully paint around the outside of the object to match the background. Zooming in helps in regards to accuracy. This can be difficult if you have a background that has many colors, but it will look more professional.

Hmm.. I suppose I didn't answer the question. Do I like it? Yes. I think it has great potential. I'm by no means any sort of graphic design expert, so don't take my word for anything. After a while, you'll just know when something looks right, and people will be blown away by your skillz.
biggrin.gif
Good job!

would be nice if i could fucking see it! can you post a link i'm having browser trouble and i dont have the bandwidth to fix it

Hey, when I saw the picture full size (it is shrunken on the page) the characters look a lot smoother and the overall impression is better. That logo will loose a lot from shrinking. Usually, when you design logos, they should be the right size, right off the start. That way you have much more control. The overall design is not terrible, but does not stand a comparison with the current logo and does not fit with the design of the site. Like Cynnamin said, it could work as a desktop, but not a logo.

In my opinion, the best replacement for the current logo would be the same logo with light hitting "SEGA" letters from top-right instread of top-left.

Back