i need some love here

Yea, a degree is required nowadays for you to have much of a chance to make money... though you may not see that as much of the generation before us was able to slip by and still land a good job. And look... there will always be someone with more money or something you don't have, you can't be envious every time. Just take what you got and be thankful. Just think of how many kids your age are starving right now in Africa <_<

People can't understand sometimes... there are many who live under terrible misfortune that can't even dream of having a life like yours 🙁

You should not judge your life relative to others, rather set achievable goals that will allow you to be happy...otherwise there will always be someone or something that will drive you insane.

And Btw...welcome to Sx.

---Ammut

I disagree with most of you. A degree is not needed to get a good job. You just need a creative mind and a strong will. I dropped out of school and I own my own business. The first couple years were rough but its getting ALOT better now. Takes on avg 5 years to get a business going. It's alot of fun too. Theres nothing like being your own boss. You cant get fired.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Nov 4, 2003 @ 08:39 AM

I disagree with most of you. A degree is not needed to get a good job. You just need a creative mind and a strong will. I dropped out of school and I own my own business. The first couple years were rough but its getting ALOT better now. Takes on avg 5 years to get a business going. It's alot of fun too. Theres nothing like being your own boss. You cant get fired.

I agree with you completely, IceMan2k.

It all depends on what it is that you want to do.

They're not going to let you be a heart surgeon just because you have a creative mind and a strong will. I know it's an extreme example, but you get the drift.

Well, that's why I said that they are the exception. You can get a good job without a degree, certainly, but if you are being hired by someone (not running your own business) it is much better to have the piece of paper. If they are going to hire someone, and there are two people who are perhaps equally skilled, the one with the degree is typically going to get hired. Same with promotions, and just job opportunities in general. But I suppose as Mal said it depends what you want to do.

Back