i need someone who can install modchip! HELP!!

hello is there anyone that can install a modchip into my saturn? i wanna do a deal that i send my saturn to one of u guys and u install a modchip into my saturn! ok, but first i need a modchip now any of u have extra modchip so it be easier for me just to send it in and u do the rest...i kinda dont want to order it cuz its takes a while for me to get it then i have to send it in to you guys i dont want to wait but i have to go that way then well...... :blink: and second question is does anyone know how to install a toggle switch because i want to play king of fighters 95, i heard that swaping will mess up the cart and the saturn...please help!!! Anyone? 🙁

Originally posted by thailees@Aug 21, 2003 @ 10:16 AM

hello is there anyone that can install a modchip into my saturn? i wanna do a deal that i send my saturn to one of u guys and u install a modchip into my saturn!

There are several people here that could probably do it for you. Telling us where you live would be a great start. 🙄

Knowing what type of CD board it has would help as well - you'll need to open the Saturn up to find that out.

ok, but first i need a modchip now any of u have extra modchip so it be easier for me just to send it in and u do the rest...i kinda dont want to order it cuz its takes a while for me to get it then i have to send it in to you guys i dont want to wait but i have to go that way then well......

You'd probably be better off getting the mod yourself. Some people might have spare ones, but you can't count on it.

:blink: and second question is does anyone know how to install a toggle switch because i want to play king of fighters 95, i heard that swaping will mess up the cart and the saturn...please help!!! Anyone? 🙁

See my first answer.

hi mal, thanks for replying back 🙂 ...mines is a saturn (round buttons) model 2 ....yeah it needs a 21 modchip...i live in California...anyhow i dont know how to solder n all that..im looking for some like u who can install it or somting....and aslo i want a toggle switch installed ..so mal what i do next? can u do it for me? uhhh...please reply back

Postage to Australia might put you off...

The next thing you need to check is the type of CD board that the Saturn has. This will require you to take off the top of the Saturn (by removing 5 screws) and having a look. There are 3 main types of CD board:

32 pin - this has a rectangular 32 pin IC on it

64 pin - this has a square 64 pin IC on it

Sanyo - IIRC this has no ICs on the surface of the CD board

If you have a 32 pin board, modding it will be simple.

If you have a 64 pin board, you might still be in luck. Recently someone reported some success with one of Jandaman's mods and a 64 pin Saturn.

If you have a Sanyo board it either time to learn the swap trick or time to find another Saturn.

As far as the toggle switches go, it would help to know what type of main board the Saturn has. It should be VA-x or something similar.

Check how many pins you have on the ic on the cd board. If it's a 32 I can do it for you, I live in martinez (part of the bay area if ya didn't know).

Edit: Btw the fastest way to get my attention is aim. Chances are I'll see a pm or a message within the board within a few hours, but I'm almost always on aim.

Edit: I don't have any spare mod chips at the moment, nor do I intend to order any soon. After opening up your saturn and checking the cd board, I'd recomend ordering a mod chip from jandaman.com assuming your saturn will work with it.

Just so you know, no amount of tweaking will let you play King of Fighters '95 from just a CD.

You *have* to buy the unique ROM cartridge for it.

hey my saturn is the 32 pin...the black rectanglar one thingie in the middle right? 🙂 ok yeah it is i counted it...uhmm so what should i do now mal? yeah ill appreicated u install the toggle switch so i can play king of fighters 95, yeah i have the rom cart with it...hey australia whoa thats kool place to be in..anyhow where is martinez? get back at me anyone? thanks and where do i start sending?

ok , so what should i do now? where do i send? how much u charge me for? and oh yeah hey scard o rabbit , u know how to install toggle switch too? man that would be aswome for to install the chip and tooggle...thanks i wanna start deal already... :agree

hey Scared0o0Rabbit, thanks for installing my toogle switch for the saturn..hmm u did a great job on it ...looks like u definitely took ur time! i will be posting up the picture soon..right now i have to get the batterys for the disk to work...welll cya

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Aug 21, 2003 @ 08:24 PM

Just so you know, no amount of tweaking will let you play King of Fighters '95 from just a CD.

You *have* to buy the unique ROM cartridge for it.

I don't think it's real expensive anyway

Originally posted by thailees@Oct 18, 2003 @ 04:12 AM

hey Scared0o0Rabbit, thanks for installing my toogle switch for the saturn..hmm u did a great job on it ...looks like u definitely took ur time! i will be posting up the picture soon..right now i have to get the batterys for the disk to work...welll cya

You need the battery (a CR2032 or similar) so you can save games and have the Saturn running at the correct date and time.

You can play games with a flat battery, but it can be annoying. 🙂

kof needs a seperate ram cartrage?!? is this the 1 that has the save of it on it, if it is, what if i have a saved file of it on my internal memory, does that mean that i dont need the ram cart of it if i have my 4-in-1 installed 2??

Back