I want the Q!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Website
superakuma5k.homestead.com
That thing looks huge. They should have a picture of it with the original GameCube to show how big it is. ;)

The price is approximately equal to that of an XBox plus the DVD remote (<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>neglecting shipping costs, of course</span>), however not having progressive scan play sucks though. :(

I wonder if anyone has [url=http://www.dvdgame.jp/]pre-ordered
it already...

Edit: Fixed Matsu<span style='color:yellow'>shit</span>

(Edited by MasterAkumaMatata at 1:58 am on Oct. 22, 2001)

Fabrizo

Website
Visit site
Yea, it does look big, but it also looks very interesting and futuristic. Also, and I know im probably going to sound like a moron when I say this but, what exactly is progressive scan? I think I know what it is but im not completly sure.

nutcase111

Website
Visit site
does ps2 have progressive scan play?, and beside
beggers can't be choosers, its cool it can play DVD-Rs, VCDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs and regular music CDs.And consider nintendo would never bring something like this out by themselves.

MYLO

Website
sd.shenmuedojo.com
If I was to get a GameCube, it would be this one, and not the purple one without a DVD. But, you can always get a X Box for the same price, but it looks better. <font size="1"> Oh boy, im going to be hated </font> Anyways, it looks cool, and I want it, but you know hoe it is

CrowTRobo

Website
Visit site
The Q most likely will not be released outside of Japan. And considering the GC supports progressive scan, I have no idea why Matsushita would not include that option, very stupid.

Progressive scan means that the picture is drawn left to right, top to bottom all at once like a computer monitor. Instead of the typical way of a TV, which is to draw even lines of the image, then draw odd lines (or the other way around). Haven't seen a TV like that in person, but it's suppose to create a clearer picture. Might be buying one though in a few months so the GC gets the kind of TV it deserves. :)

CrowTRobo

ExCyber

Staff member
"It's simply a Japan device," Panasonic spokesperson Kurt Praschak told Reuters.
What a bunch of bullshit. Let's break this down a bit:

1) It plays DVD.
2) It plays GC games.
3) GC is being released outside Japan.
4) DVD players are popular outside Japan.
5) Another combo DVD/game system (PS2) is popular outside Japan.

Where is the evidence for this "simply" being a device for the Japanese market again? That guy's asking to get fired if that's the best explanation he can come up with...

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had something to do with this, though; it could be part of Yamauchi's Master Plan (whatever that might be :)).

CrowTRobo

Website
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if DVD players have caught on more in the US then Japan, it seems that way at least. A lot of people in the US already have DVD players, and they have really come down in price. Just yesterday in the newspaper ads, I saw a player for only $80. It probably sucks, but if you got that and a GC, you would save money over buying the Q. And I'm sure the DVD player in the Q isn't that great either. :)

CrowTRobo

Fabrizo

Website
Visit site
Personaly, I don't realy care about dvd abilities in a console, I just thought it would of been a nice show piece, looks like one of those extra gaming rigs that will be lost in the tides of time. a year or so from know, it will be like the 64dd: released in japan only, and then forgotten even their.

Website
www.zeldaforever.net
I dont see any reason to get a Q in the US, when you can get a GCN, and a good APEX dvd player for cheaper than a Q, and probably better features. The only reason i could see is if you wanted pirated games, which could probably be easier to do with the support of full sized disks.

NOTE: I dont want pirated games, and thus, i dont want a Q. Dont ban me for mentioning it =)

Status
Not open for further replies.