I want the Q!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thing looks huge. They should have a picture of it with the original GameCube to show how big it is. ;)

The price is approximately equal to that of an XBox plus the DVD remote (<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>neglecting shipping costs, of course</span>), however not having progressive scan play sucks though. :(

I wonder if anyone has [url=http://www.dvdgame.jp/]pre-ordered
it already...

Edit: Fixed Matsu<span style='color:yellow'>shit</span>

(Edited by MasterAkumaMatata at 1:58 am on Oct. 22, 2001)

Yea, it does look big, but it also looks very interesting and futuristic. Also, and I know im probably going to sound like a moron when I say this but, what exactly is progressive scan? I think I know what it is but im not completly sure.

does ps2 have progressive scan play?, and beside
beggers can't be choosers, its cool it can play DVD-Rs, VCDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs and regular music CDs.And consider nintendo would never bring something like this out by themselves.

If I was to get a GameCube, it would be this one, and not the purple one without a DVD. But, you can always get a X Box for the same price, but it looks better. <font size="1"> Oh boy, im going to be hated </font> Anyways, it looks cool, and I want it, but you know hoe it is

The Q most likely will not be released outside of Japan. And considering the GC supports progressive scan, I have no idea why Matsushita would not include that option, very stupid.

Progressive scan means that the picture is drawn left to right, top to bottom all at once like a computer monitor. Instead of the typical way of a TV, which is to draw even lines of the image, then draw odd lines (or the other way around). Haven't seen a TV like that in person, but it's suppose to create a clearer picture. Might be buying one though in a few months so the GC gets the kind of TV it deserves. :)

CrowTRobo

"It's simply a Japan device," Panasonic spokesperson Kurt Praschak told Reuters.
What a bunch of bullshit. Let's break this down a bit:

1) It plays DVD.
2) It plays GC games.
3) GC is being released outside Japan.
4) DVD players are popular outside Japan.
5) Another combo DVD/game system (PS2) is popular outside Japan.

Where is the evidence for this "simply" being a device for the Japanese market again? That guy's asking to get fired if that's the best explanation he can come up with...

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had something to do with this, though; it could be part of Yamauchi's Master Plan (whatever that might be :)).

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if DVD players have caught on more in the US then Japan, it seems that way at least. A lot of people in the US already have DVD players, and they have really come down in price. Just yesterday in the newspaper ads, I saw a player for only $80. It probably sucks, but if you got that and a GC, you would save money over buying the Q. And I'm sure the DVD player in the Q isn't that great either. :)

CrowTRobo

Personaly, I don't realy care about dvd abilities in a console, I just thought it would of been a nice show piece, looks like one of those extra gaming rigs that will be lost in the tides of time. a year or so from know, it will be like the 64dd: released in japan only, and then forgotten even their.

I dont see any reason to get a Q in the US, when you can get a GCN, and a good APEX dvd player for cheaper than a Q, and probably better features. The only reason i could see is if you wanted pirated games, which could probably be easier to do with the support of full sized disks.

NOTE: I dont want pirated games, and thus, i dont want a Q. Dont ban me for mentioning it =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back