IP Address

Ratamahatta

Established Member
Since I'm working behind a router I need to know the addy of a site that will display my ip address the real one so I can set up my ftp again. any help would be appreciated.

Can't you get that info from the router itself?. I can with my ADSL router.

Thanks for the help. I got my real ip thanks to that site, still having a bitch of a time setting up the server though, running g6 behind a firewall, did it before but I forgot how I got it going.

I assume you already have used Persistant Port Forwarding to forward port 21 to your computer? find the IP to forward to via WinIPCFG pr Ipconfig. something like 192.168.2.11

okay i hope someone can answer this. im having a bitch of a time connecting and finding games with my friends online. we all use routers. we've tried halo and dungeon siege and theres known forewarding issues but i dont understand that stuff. im using a linksys router and i know how to bring up the info page for it but ive read about forewarding and dont understand it at all.

try setting yourselves up as DMZ hosts. he does it with his router over there, you handle your own router. if this works, you then have to figure out which ports it uses, and forward them, or use virtual DMZ host when you play.

Back