It's almost summer time....

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member

Alright, as you all know summer is fastly approaching...which means babes, bikinis, and you lookin like shit w/ a flabby stumm stumm. I am wonderin if anyone knows how to work the lower abs good? somethin that has been tried and tested perferably w/ minimal back damage (I am out right now cuz my lower back is ALL screwed). Any other tips on fixin up the abs real good would be nice too...thanks guys, I am sure this well help all the ppl on the boards here...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! I need to know too
biggrin.gif

sit on a chair, bring your knees up to your chest. do alot of reps, you whimpy boy.

I have done that, works better if you lay on your back and do it......still not enough! grrrr, damn abs!!!

You haven't played DDR for an extended period of time.

At one point, all I did was play DDR everyday for 45 minutes. I lost ten pounds in less than two weeks.

No no I've lost plenty of weight playing ddr, but that's what it does makes you lose weight. It wont tone your muslces. You need resistance for that.

ya, DDR will make u lose weight...I dont need that, I just need to work off my beer belly.....that area right below the belly button, sux ass to remove.

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 6, 2003 @ 07:01 PM

ya, DDR will make u lose weight...I dont need that, I just need to work off my beer belly.....that area right below the belly button, sux ass to remove.

from the link I put up earlier:

Seated leg tucks are a great exercise for developing the lower abdominal muscles. Sit sideways on a bench and grasp the edges of the bench for support. With bent knees, raise your legs slightly and then straighten them. A good way of assuring proper balance is by leaning backwards when needed.

Next, lift your knees toward your chest while keeping your lower legs pointed downwards, and flex your abs as hard as you can. For better results, keep the tension on your abdominal muscles throughout the entire movement.

edit: remember, doing them properly is important. You won't see results overnight, but after a few weeks of eating healthier and routine, you'll see them.

You could watch some old snl with Hanz and Franz in them.

There there to PUMP you up!

Originally posted by Nadius@May 6, 2003 @ 10:13 PM

Seated leg tucks are a great exercise for developing the lower abdominal muscles. Sit sideways on a bench and grasp the edges of the bench for support. With bent knees, raise your legs slightly and then straighten them. A good way of assuring proper balance is by leaning backwards when needed.

Next, lift your knees toward your chest while keeping your lower legs pointed downwards, and flex your abs as hard as you can. For better results, keep the tension on your abdominal muscles throughout the entire movement.

Dude I dont even understand that. The bench would have to have no back right, it would have to be like a cafeteria beating bench... or am I thinking of it wrong?

hehe, sit on the bench sideways w/ yer feet out.....grab the sides........then lift your knees into yer chest. this WILL require balance so you'll move back and forth a lil' bit.....that's good cuz that will make more muscle (the act of balancing will). understand?

Fat loss doesn't work that way. Muscle development is localized because you're directly triggering the specific muscles. Fat conversion is triggered through blood chemistry shifts, which aren't confined to specific areas of the body.

Fat loss doesn't work that way. Muscle development is localized because you're directly triggering the specific muscles. Fat conversion is triggered through blood chemistry shifts, which aren't confined to specific areas of the body.

You mean turning fat into muscle? sadly that's not how it works......you lose fat, adn the muscle underneath it gets stronger (if you are working that muscle)

I'm guessing that ExCyber is referring to the conversion of fat back into energy, not into muscle.

Back