Just curious...

No the design is real. I have another in my mags. Also if NES wouldve done the CD system, Sony, and Sega wouldve had a HARD time competing as NES wouldve had the head start.

Here is a quote from the Video Gaming History:

Nintendo was engaged in a war with former technology partner Sony over a SNES-based CD-ROM console that it had wanted to bring to market. Back in 1988, Nintendo had contracted Sony to develop a "Super Disc" drive for the 16-bit SNES. This device would later be revealed to the world as the SNES PlayStation, or just PlayStation for short. Nintendo's intent had been to ship the system's CD-ROMs inside a custom caddy complete with an SNES-style lockout chip - a convoluted approach that would have ensured it retained control over the process. Sony understandably balked at this idea - it wanted to put the lockout chip in the CD-ROM drive controller, inside the console, and leave the games alone. This move would also open up the production process, and Sony quietly made plans to license production of PlayStation games to anybody they wanted. Sony president Olaf Olaffson first announced the PlayStation at the 1991 Summer Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Chicago, proudly proclaiming that "... Sony intends to broadly license it to the [whole] software industry]." This was anathema to Nintendo CEO Hiroshi Yamauchi, who had no intention of letting Nintendo losing control over any part of the process. He conspired with Sony's rival Philips to publically humiliate Sony the following day at the show. In a public press conference held at 9:00 am sharp, Nintendo's Howard Lincoln announced that it had instead signed a deal with Philips for its new CD-ROM system. The stated reason? Since Philips had invented CD-ROM technology, it could offer superior workmanship. The real reason? Nintendo refused to relinquish control of any part of its proprietary hardware. If Nintendo was going to release a CD-ROM based console on the market, then people would have to come to Nintendo to license it - not some ambitious third-party licensee. "Nintendo believes in a standard - our standard," Yamauchi later said of the affair. Sony saw it differently. "They stabbed us in the back," Olaffson told one of his confidants. The resultant legal and technical hopscotch that Nintendo would be forced to play over the affair pretty much assured that it would not be able to bring a decent CD-ROM system to market in time to ride the crest of the 32-bit wave. Instead, they would have to develop a completely new system from the ground up, launch it after everybody else's systems had already hit the market, and pray that their marketing prowess and company's public reputation would sell the new system for them. Nintendo was unconcerned, though - they thought they had derailed Sony's ambitions for good and went blithely ahead with making money. They were wrong ... quite wrong. Realizing that revenge is a dish best served cold, to quote an old Arabian proverb, Sony decided to use the experience it had already gained with developing for everybody else and instead release its very own console. It knew what the developers wanted - a simple yet powerful console that was easy to program - and it knew what gamers wanted - a good, cheap system. It had lots of money and lots of connections within the third party community. While it had never attempted to field its own console before, the fact that Sony knew the field of battle and how to negotiate it put the company in a far better position than had been the lot of NEC back in the 16-bit days. About a year after the CES debacle, Sony's Ken Kuratagi was put charge of a top-secret in-house project aimed at developing a brand new 32-bit videogame console from scratch. It had to be cheap to make and sell, yet powerful enough to handle complex 3D graphics of the kind that were becoming increasingly common in videogames. Sony scored a major coup by getting Namco into its console fold early on, but then again Namco needed no prodding - it was still looking for ways to burn Nintendo over the Mega Drive development affair back in 1990. At the same time, Sony quietly made arrangements with perhaps the most powerful pool of videogame programmers outside of Japan - Europe's third-party community - to develop launch titles for its new system. Psygnosis was perhaps the most prominent of this lot, for it enjoyed a worldwide reputation for its development hardware and software. Soon, like Namco halfway around the world, Psygnosis began developing its own showcase titles for Kuratagi's still-secret wonderbox.

Now you may understand why I hate Sony so much. That company doesn't know even how to make deals. I hate them for telling so much lies about their unimaginable power of PS2(See DOD2 and Grandia 2 on Dreamcast before writting anything), I hate them for betraying Nintendo back with "Nintendo Playstation", I hate them for not playing fair while or others do.

And (to Myst) No I'm not kidding you. You told about all next gen consoles but you forgot to mention GC. I simply asked why! Does this sounds you like kidding?

Originally posted by Mysticales@June 24 2002,06:31

No the design is real. I have another in my mags. Also if NES wouldve done the CD system, Sony, and Sega wouldve had a HARD time competing as NES wouldve had the head start.

its still just a concept drawing,its not a real picture...NES?Oh,right,you mean Nintendo,well just say it...
biggrin.gif

If you mean Dead or Alive 2 it wasn't supposed to be a major port all they did is tweak the engine has to allow more balanced fights, new arenas, new costumes, and a new character. And as for graphics they aren't the best, because in terms of clarity and anti-aliasing, they are a little lacking.

The quote you mentioned Silender portrays Nintendo in a worse light than Sony, in my opinion. Your mother must have been shocked when you were born with those blinkers on. If I was you I'd I'd try focus on liking the things that you like rather than hating things you hate.

Anyway, imagine how different everything would be if Sony hadn't split with Nintendo?

That's enough!!! I can't continue this conversation with you son. You must try to accept facts and you cannot. Anyone who wants an answer from me about this topic must pm me!

end...

Mention the word 'Sony' around here and all rational thought goes out of the window it seems.

Naturally, I'm entirely blameless
smile.gif

Sigh im glad i dont have these issues... Im happy with ALL my consoles, long as I have a good game im happy.

N64 and GC. I dont care for... no games really worth playing.. Sure Guantlet, FzeroX, and marios are fun, but I mean what can you play that isnt on PSX or Sega? Only so MANY sports games you can play.... Football is still football. I have N64, have like 10 games, happy with those. GC is silly attempt to clone a PSX really... Memory cards, mini discs.. comon now.. Least make it backward compat then its worth something. Other then that. I like all them, long as I have some games I like.. I bought a DC for one real reason back then... I wanted to play POWER STONE! Damn that game was fun!

Let me break it down and please dont fight.

NES- Controler was SIMPLE =) And mario, maga man series. HELL we grew up with it! (No Atari talk pls..)

SNES- Classic SF2 there =P Sim city was better then PC version. 6 buttons made it feel like arcade and so on. Also FF was great! As well as the sound SNES could do.

Sega- 3 buttons, simple, sonic, as well as new rpgs.

Sega Cd - Do I REALLY need to talk about it??

Saturn - 32x but was a foundation for DC as well as the netplay. Also Analog controllers made a big hit.

DC - Hmm hard to say... VMU wasted bateries too fast.. good games and modem, netplay or internet was great. PSO was fun as well as fighting games.

N64... Hmm... err... well good for old school carts for kids not to break. Or simple fighting games or so. But lacked alot and to find the expansion card was also silly. But ok compaired to its older systems.

GC- dont know, dont think I wanna

Gameboy.. Classic. Dont care what it is. Same with GG, hand held, good for bringing everywhere or just killing time. =)

Xbox - Buy a laptop, youll enjoy it more =P

I dunno, Sony isn't so bad....

Heck, if nothing else the Final Fantasy series made the PSX worth the purchase in my book
biggrin.gif

Every system has at least one good thing about it (ok well maybe there are a few exceptions to this rule
wink.gif
but you get the picture).

Let me say this... I was HAPPY as hell when I had a PSX (Still smelled of plastic on controllers... man I got high off that!)

Had NO memory card. Had not really any games... them BOOM I barrowed FF7 AND memory card from friend! I was HAPPY! That game was FUN!

Originally posted by Mysticales@June 24 2002,18:57

Let me say this... I was HAPPY as hell when I had a PSX (Still smelled of plastic on controllers... man I got high off that!)

Had NO memory card. Had not really any games... them BOOM I barrowed FF7 AND memory card from friend! I was HAPPY! That game was FUN!

FF7 was the reason i bought a PS...ahh sweet nostalgia...
smile.gif

I'm in the middle of FF8 and I am having a blast!

Got my PSX for only $30 US, not a bad deal if you ask me... and it came with alot of stuff to boot!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 24 2002,19:23

I'm in the middle of FF8 and I am having a blast!

Got my PSX for only $30 US, not a bad deal if you ask me... and it came with alot of stuff to boot!
smile.gif

yeah great deal...you should check out Xenogears,its incredible...

Back