Just played PSO for Gamecube in 4 player mode...

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
This game lags REALLY bad in 4 player mode on the GC it was almost unplayable but it was neat
smile.gif

I might pick up the game for xbox, it has a more powerfull processor and gpu so it can handle more onscreen at the same time

from what ive heard you still need an xbox live account to play PSO offline even. the box says live is REQUIRED. i think thats kind of busted myself. ive also heard that americans cant play with the japanese. take this all with a grain of salt tho since i dont have an xbox myself.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Apr 18, 2003 @ 04:09 PM

I might pick up the game for xbox, it has a more powerfull processor and gpu so it can handle more onscreen at the same time

Eh... couple things.

First off, Xbox does NOT have a more powerful processor than GameCube. Period. Don't even argue with me on this one. The only way Xbox's P3/Celeron hybrid beats Gekko is if you have flawlessly optimised SSE code everywhere which is a logical impossibility.

Second... I actually haven't played PSOe1&2 GC in 4-player split yet. But I have played 3-player and the frame rate stays at 60 in all but the most horrifyingly stressful scenes. Hmm. Oh well.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Apr 13, 2003 @ 11:12 PM

This game lags REALLY bad in 4 player mode on the GC it was almost unplayable but it was neat
smile.gif

that only happens in the forest for some reason.

I've been playing PSO (GC) 4player offline 24/7...

I only experience some slow-downs when everyone walks in one group and stares at each-other (while there are enemies around)

+in episode 2, the only place I experience slow-downs is when we're doing what mentioned above in the "Jungle area"

in Episode 1, there's some slow-downs in forest, cave, mine and ruin
tongue.gif

But nothing we can't handle...

If the game slows down a lot, just split the group!

(run to different locations, don't be so depending on eachother)

Back