Lawnmower man (E)

A friend of mine recently purchased off ebay the mega cd game "The Lawnmower man" for the European region. We didn't know that the game was released in Europe until he found this.

Well he got the disc, popped it in his computer to run it in gens, and it loaded the with the (U) bios. !!!

The cd itself says "Mega CD" not "Sega CD" on it, and he's got the case and everything which would make it look like a game from Europe.

I can provide scans to prove it, when he scans them in tomorrow.

But why would a mega cd game boot to (U)?

:unsure:

That might be an issue with Gens. It is after all an emulator. Does the game boot in an actual Euro machine?

I'd like to see some scans, of both the box and the disc.

My friend hasn't tried it in an actual (E) machine, he got it mostly for collection purposes. As soon as I get a copy of it, i'll pass it on to someone who has an (E) machine to try it out.

I'll get the scans up as soon as i can, i'll be sure and hound my friend about it tomorrow ;)

Here's the pictures: :D

Attachments

• Lawnmower_Man__The__E____front.jpg
    Lawnmower_Man__The__E____front.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 116
    270.3 KB · Views: 104
    270.3 KB · Views: 116
Here's the CD Label

Attachments

• Lawnmower_Man__The__E____label.jpg
    Lawnmower_Man__The__E____label.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 106
    184.2 KB · Views: 120
    184.2 KB · Views: 115
Wow - nice scans :) Throw in the back cover scan will ya please? I'll add this baby to my Mega CD (E) scan collection.. (which needs attentions due to it's small size) ;)

Yeah, it looks authentic.. found out whether it's a bootleg or not, yet? Maybe the game was released, but only in small small quantities..

Sure, here's the back cover:

Still havn't gotten a chance to test it out yet.

Attachments

• Lawnmower_Man__The__E____back.jpg
    Lawnmower_Man__The__E____back.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 106
    295.3 KB · Views: 114
    295.3 KB · Views: 108
I think i may have an answer. :)

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...8&category=3644

Please note this says it is a Pal game but it was recalled shortly after the original release because it was actually the U.S Version, it was never released on Pal format ........ this makes Lawnmower Man on the Mega CD Rare...and collectable.

This is an interesting idea, and explains an aweful lot, but I wonder where this seller got this information. :blink:

Originally posted by CrazyGoon+Feb 15, 2004 @ 03:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CrazyGoon @ Feb 15, 2004 @ 03:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-deadearth@Feb 14, 2004 @ 07:08 PM

But why would a mega cd game boot to (U)?

:unsure:

Perhaps because it might be the US version in disguise :smokin: [/b][/quote]

And what do you know -- I was right after all ;) :lol: :blush:

Back