LOL!

FFX had:

Great VA Work (save for Yuna... *shudder*)

Great Summon System (I loved controlling them.)

Great cut-scenes

Great music

Great plot (Only if you haven't played Phantasy Star II).

Great ending (Not as good as FFIX's. But still pretty good)

A "love story" that seemed tacked on at the last minute

Worst characters ever (Yuna especially :puke: )

What FFX Didn't have:

Good, original plot

Interesting characters (save for Auron and Tidus)

It reminds me a lot of FFVIII, what it lacked in plot, it made up for it with great gameplay (Junction System = Pure, utter genius), characters, music, etc. Only in FFX's case, take away the great characters bit. An RPG can be fun to play through a few times after you beat it. One reason is to get to know the characters better. With FFX, it doesn't matter. It just feels like your going from Point A to Point B the whole game. Wait, that's ALL you do! Let me explore a bit dammit!

FFVIII had a much better love story than FFX's "love story", as that was the theme of the game. With FFVIII, you could see Rinoa was having an impact on Squall's personality and everything overtime. You could tell he was changing from the cold hearted guy from before. He even admitted to falling for her, after the Eyes on Me scene in the Ragnarok. FFX... it was was just there. Here's the scene:

Yuna and Tidus are talking in the water place (can't remember the name)

Yuna starts crying

Tidus grabs her and kisses her

Yuna is all of a sudden in love with him

It was just a "What the hell was THAT?!" moment. It just didn't feel right. Seemed to out of place. Here, you're part of this dark, gritty adventure, with people dying all the time (due to Sin attacking), and then this so called "love story" kicks in. I guess Square was trying to help liven the mood a bit. It didn't work.

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Apr 18, 2004 @ 01:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Apr 18, 2004 @ 01:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>No, seriously, I do not understand what is the problem that MEN have against Final Fantasy X.[/b]

Although I have only played the game for about 30 minutes, I do have a few grudges...

Grudge #1: The FMV/ cutscenes would be better, if only you could skip them. Unfortunately, Square doesn't allow for such a luxury. You are forced to watch the "enhanced facial motion system" until your brain melts.

Grudge #2: The game seems that it can be a cinch to beat, since before going to a boss, you make sure you have every monster (which you summon), ready for the battle so that when you get to the boss, it's just summon, summon, summon. This would work probably, since the strength of those monsters is very, very high. If it somehow didn't kill the boss, you wouldn't have much of a fight left anyway, unless he got all of his health back.

Grudge #3: The games story/plot doesn't win me over either. Isn't that 'Sin' dude the boss in the other Final Fantasy's? From what a friend tells me, the Final Fantasy games don't piece together like sequels and trilogy's. Ie, what happened in the previous game is irrelevant in the next game. Square just replaces the characters with new characters, and the environment with a new environment, keeps the same plot (and the same final boss?!), and changes the roman numeral following 'Final Fantasy'. Hell, all PAL releases of Final Fantasy games even have almost identical game covers.

If you want a reason why I have these grudges then I can answer that aswell:

Originally posted by CrazyGoon+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CrazyGoon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Grudge #1: The FMV/ cutscenes would be better, if only you could skip them.[/b]

Reason 1: You were able to skip the text in older RPG's, so why can't you skip the FMV in newer RPG's (eg, FFX)? What if I lost my save half-way through the game and I wanted to get there as fast as I could? No matter how fast I was, I would still have to go through all of the FMV/ cutscenes, and would probably get to the position (where I was when my save was lost) in roughly the same amount of time.

Reason 2: I personally dislike 3D animation. It always makes characters look 'plasticy'/ 'rubbery'. The facial expressions are even worse... Oh yeah, and the stupid sounding voices that most characters have in 3D - you know what I mean ;) Since I can't skip the FMV/ cutscenes, I am forced to watch it... actually, I can always leave for a coffee and come back, but I wouldn't be surprised if the FMV was still going by the time I got back :ph34r:

<!--QuoteBegin-CrazyGoon
@

Grudge #2: The game seems that it can be a cinch to beat[/quote]

Reason 1: Why do I have a grudge over an easy game? Because it's not challenging enough to keep me interested!! It may sound weird to some people who find the urge to look through cheat guides to pass a remotely difficult game, but for those who like getting better at a game, then it's easily understandable. But it's not solely Square's fault that the game is easy. The genre 'RPG' has to be the second most easiest genre of a game (Digital Comics are #1). There's no requiredlevel of skill required for passing an RPG, just an understanding of what's the most powerful attack, and the most effective way of replenishing your health. Due to this, I'm not interested in RPG's on a whole (not just Final Fantasy's). The only thing left that can really keep me interested in an RPG is the storyline...

<!--QuoteBegin-CrazyGoon

Grudge #3: The games story/plot doesn't win me over either.[/quote]

Reason 1: Ok, I'll admit that since I have only played the game for 30 minutes, I know little to jack about the story. All I have to go on, is the "let's go beat Sin" storyline, which is reused (methinks) in other Final Fantasy's. I mentioned the generic-ness of the title and covers because when they are coupled with the generic storyline, it (more than ever) appears to look like a (*gasp*) generic game.

I hope this sheds some light for you on why others may also dislike the game...

Hehe -- and at the moment, Final Fantasy VII is currently blowing the competitor 'Suikoden II' out of the water at GameFaqs... not that I'm surprised...

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Apr 19, 2004 @ 10:22 AM

FFVII I think has a good chance at winning the whole damn thing. It's a FF game so it'll make the top couple.....

That is pretty predictable, one of the most over-rated games ever.

Back