LOL!

CrazyGoon

Established Member
Yeah, we all know that gamefaqs polls are stupid and pointless, but just to prove how much the kiddies over there love RPG's, guess who won the "best game of all time" between Super Mario RPG and Street Fighter II?

Yeah, that's right What a laugh!

how could u even compare those 2 games? The best games of all time WTF!?!! Sure, both are good games but far from best of all time.

Its because those polls are rigged. Streetfighter was a couple of hundred ahead and just before it ended Mario RPG took over. Yes, thats VERY believable. I stopped voting because of the Nintendo fanboys who also spoiled the last 2 character contests. :sleep: :damn: :damn:

Sad, very sad.

I think you mean 'Square fanboys'. Also, Pearl Jamzz, those games are just 'in the running', it's almost certain neither will win. Today's poll was a very tough choice for me: Sonic 2 vs. Shining Force. In the end, I voted for Shining Force just because I knew it would lose.

And yes, it is a farce, but at least some good games are on there. I know Fallout 2 has no chance of winning, but at least it's on there (one of my top five games of all time, for sure). But anything released by Square seems to dominate GameFAQs.

EDIT - And yes, Street Fighter II utterly destroys SMRPG. I saw one post on the Spring Contest board to the effect of 'it lost because it sucks like all fighting games; just button mash and you will dominate'... man, that got me steamed. It just goes to show you that the old school is dying out; you'll notice that Pac-Man was defeated by Metroid (okay, Metroid's a good game, but it's nowhere near Pac-Man's level), and Pitfall was taken out by Final Fantasy.

Originally posted by it290@Apr 12, 2004 @ 06:38 PM

I think you mean 'Square fanboys'. Also, Pearl Jamzz, those games are just 'in the running', it's almost certain neither will win. Today's poll was a very tough choice for me: Sonic 2 vs. Shining Force. In the end, I voted for Shining Force just because I knew it would lose.

And yes, it is a farce, but at least some good games are on there. I know Fallout 2 has no chance of winning, but at least it's on there (one of my top five games of all time, for sure). But anything released by Square seems to dominate GameFAQs.

EDIT - And yes, Street Fighter II utterly destroys SMRPG. I saw one post on the Spring Contest board to the effect of 'it lost because it sucks like all fighting games; just button mash and you will dominate'... man, that got me steamed. It just goes to show you that the old school is dying out; you'll notice that Pac-Man was defeated by Metroid (okay, Metroid's a good game, but it's nowhere near Pac-Man's level), and Pitfall was taken out by Final Fantasy.

I agree Street Fighter 2, Pac-Man, and Pitfall all shoud have won.

You think that's unfair, just look at Gunstar Heroes vs. Zelda.. poor Gunstar has no chance at all.

By drinking pure alchool what else? Those games just can´t be compared they´re not in the same genra at least they should compare puzzle games with puzzle, racing with racing,etc....

What you did, was put in your favorite game for each console. The ones with the most votes and such got put in. I had a very tough choice between Super Metroid and Phantasy Star IV in my bracket (as they are my top two favorite games of the MD/SFC), but I went with Super Metroid, as I know PSIV has NO CHANCE to get past the first round :( .

You know the seeding system in the NCAA Tournament? That's how it's setup. Only in this case, the total number of votes/entrees (putting in your favorite game per console) is what set it up.

From what I remember, this is what I put:

PC: Doom

Mac: Marathon

Arcade: Virtua Fighter 2 (Not In)

NES: Vice: Project Doom (Not In)

MD/Genny: Phantasy Star IV (In. 14 Seed, vs Super Metroid)

GameBoy: SaGa III (Not In)

Super Famicom: Super Metroid (In. 3 Seed, vs Phantasy Star IV)

Sega CD: Final Fight CD (I think... either that or Lunar. No Sega CD games in)

Sega 32x: Virtua Fighter (Not In)

Sega Saturn: Fighters Megamix Not In)

$ony PlayStation: Chrono Cross (Not In)

Nintendo 64: Banjo-Kazooie (Not In)

Sega Dreamcast: Shenmue (In. 14 Seed, vs FFX (Sad.. Best Game vs Worst RPG Ever!)

$ony PlayStation 2: Virtua Fighter Evolution (Not In)

Gamecube: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Not In)

Yeah, it really sucks. If you REALLY wanna nitpick, look at Division 128. Should Half-Life and StarCraft be in Division 32/64? Afterall, Pentiums and Gx processors are 32-bit/64-bit processors! ;)

Looking at my bracket... I put StarCraft over Halo?! What the hell was I thinking?! I know StarCraft is ten times better than Halo, but in this case, I should've put Halo. Damn...

Originally posted by it290@Apr 12, 2004 @ 11:38 PM

The whole "At least it's there" argument doesn't help me. It only depresses me to see good games on there, only to KNOW that a bunch of GameFAQs dorks are going to vote for the crap they've been spoonfed for years.

The only thing I like them for is the FAQs themselves. They are very useful, and there are a lot of good FAQ writers that contribute. But the polls and the boards, ack...

Originally posted by Cloud121@Apr 13, 2004 @ 08:27 AM

Sega Dreamcast: Shenmue (In. 14 Seed, vs FFX (Sad.. Best Game vs Worst RPG Ever!)

Eh, more like most boring vs. most solid (but not incredibly groundbreaking) ever.

Eh, more like most boring vs. most solid (but not incredibly groundbreaking) ever.

In Bizarro World, perhaps.

I'm probably one of the few who never played Shenmue (I'm buying a DC and getting it soon don't worry.), but I just can't believe it to be a worse game than FFX.

If that Manusscript ended up as a movie people would have been wondering what retard wrote that piece of shit, now it's just me wondering. :) Maybe the same goes for Shenmue I don't know but all involved should be ashamed of themselves if that was the case.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Apr 13, 2004 @ 09:35 PM

SHenmue = better than FFX, by far. I would really liek to see sumone argue against it....

That would be Des-ROW's cue to enter the thread, I believe :smash

And cookie goes to Zheræ for pointing out that genres shouldn't be cross-compared (since they tend to bring inaccurate results)

Originally posted by CrazyGoon+Apr 13, 2004 @ 05:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CrazyGoon @ Apr 13, 2004 @ 05:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>That would be Des-ROW's cue to enter the thread, I believe :smash

[/b]

True, but Des-ROW is on vacation. :huh: Mayyybe theres a temporary fix....

<!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW bot

SHenmue = better than FFX, by far. I would really liek to see sumone argue against it.... [/quote][Shenmue] better? Are you kidding? It was the worst [game] I played, terrible character design, bad story, [overall it was] an amazing failure.

Final Fantasy X was definately better, why? it exceeded [Shenmue] in every aspect. [It had] the summon system, good story, nice love story, great character design, voices, and incredible cut-scenes.
[Plus it didn't cost twenty million dollars to make ^_^]

[/b][/quote]

---Ammut

Back