Mega Drive 3 for sale :D

WTF!!! it's bulit into the controler?!?

can you get 2ply option and how would that work on games like Street's of rage or zombies?

100 EUR!? Your kidding right!?!

You can get loads of diffrent (Or exact same) pirate clone MD units from HK at a tiny fraction of that price. Not to mention that particular clone does not allow for carts or expantions. All it has is a few games built in and thats it. For that price, I could easily get a Sampo DVD player which doubles as a MD system and can load game roms directly from a CD-R.

Originally posted by Trenton net@Jul 30, 2003 @ 09:04 PM

100 EUR!? Your kidding right!?!

You can get loads of diffrent (Or exact same) pirate clone MD units from HK at a tiny fraction of that price. Not to mention that particular clone does not allow for carts or expantions. All it has is a few games built in and thats it. For that price, I could easily get a Sampo DVD player which doubles as a MD system and can load game roms directly from a CD-R.

I think you're missing some info. This is an official Sega licensed product to start, not one of those HK rip-offs. And indeed, you can only play the included 8 games, you can't play with 2 players, so for the gamer, it's not worth the money. But hey, a gamer isn't gonna buy this baby anyway. It's purely a collector's item. Why? It's one of the few machines, not produced by Sega, but still officially licensed to play Mega Drive games, and even to wear the name "Mega Drive". Only a small amount have been made of these, and believe me, there are more collector's who'd want one of these, than there are Mega Drive 3's. Actually Eur 100 isn't that much (but hey, since it's summer, not much action @ eBay or internet as a whole, I thought let's sell it cheap). In the winter, or at Sega conventions, this one goes for Eur 200 or more easily. Especially in this state, boxed, complete, and as new.

Originally posted by Supergrom+Jul 30, 2003 @ 05:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supergrom @ Jul 30, 2003 @ 05:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Eticam@Jul 30, 2003 @ 09:37 PM

This is an official Sega licensed product to start...

bwahahahahaha....

:bs [/b][/quote]

What's so hard to believe about a non-US Sega liscensed 3rd party product? :huh

Do you know how much pirate crap comes out of asia with the words Nintendo or Sega? I'd sooner assume its a knock-off before sega would go out of their way to do something like that.

Originally posted by Trenton net@Jul 31, 2003 @ 01:18 AM

Do you know how much pirate crap comes out of asia with the words Nintendo or Sega? I'd sooner assume its a knock-off before sega would go out of their way to do something like that.

agreed, there's a lot of bs stuff over there. But I must say, I'm surprised not so many ppl here @ sx know about the MD3.... As an officially licensed product I mean.

Is that hell Sega licensed product. For a start, it's shoddy.

And heres the REAL Mega Drive 3.

Megadrive%203%20-%202.jpg

that item he's sellling IS an official product. cant remember whwre i saw it before but if my memory is correct it actually IS an official product.

You can get them new if you're willing to buy 200. :D

I wonder if you could burn a new rom with some different games... ;)

Originally posted by KiDdErZ@Jul 31, 2003 @ 09:39 AM

Is that hell Sega licensed product. For a start, it's shoddy.

And heres the REAL Mega Drive 3.

Megadrive%203%20-%202.jpg

As said, that's the Genesis 3. This is the MD3. This product has been produced from somewhere around '95, but only in small numbers. And apparently it's still sold in some shops (new I mean, not used). So I guess that also get you thinking about wether it's licensed or not. I mean, if it were another cheap rip-off, would it be produced for like 8 years ago, and still obtainable new for such an amount of money?

The games are built into the Mega Drive 3. Sort of like that small Atari 2600 controller with the games built in. And no, there's no slot to put games in the Mega Drive 3. That's sort of the downside, but then again you could get the Genesis 3 if you wanted to put games in something.

Back