megacart_v1.gif

Hi,

A new cartridge will be released soon, it simply do the same work of:

+A proCDX

+A Multibios mod

+A Tototek flash cart

+A megacd backup ram

+Much more

All comes in a box, with notebook and a disc.

The actual run will be 50 cartridges... A price reduction is done for bulk orders...

Estimated price is bettween 45 and 70usd shipping included :D

This is explained because the product required heavy programming and a strong hardware addon, it comes in brand new box/labels condition :D

You can also load and play up to 12 games of 256KB and play with them with your nomad for traveling pleasure :D

There is NO WAY to play genesis ROMs on SCD, DON'T ask
:p

WRONG! :D

The rom limit is 2Mo (16Meg), one disc can hold 128roms and i just wanted to know if you wanted some roms to be especialy included in the disc (or not?).

Also, roms with SRAM aren't supported (for cartridge cost reasons) and 32x roms are handled.

If you have any question, don't hesitate :D

PS: i chosen genesis board because coz of the disclaimer about playing roms from segacd, maybe the segacd board is more appropriate, sorry :D

Thx

Fonzie

Originally posted by fonzievoltonov@Sat, 2006-07-22 @ 07:02 AM

WRONG! :D

The rom limit is 2Mo (16Meg), one disc can hold 128roms and i just wanted to know if you wanted some roms to be especialy included in the disc (or not?).

Also, roms with SRAM aren't supported (for cartridge cost reasons) and 32x roms are handled.

If you have any question, don't hesitate :D

PS: i chosen genesis board because coz of the disclaimer about playing roms from segacd, maybe the segacd board is more appropriate, sorry
[post=147160]Quoted post[/post]​

That's not playing ROMs on Sega CD, that's using Sega CD as a cart flasher.

You said I could use the cart as a backup RAM cart, right? If this is true, then I have a few questions:

1)Does this cart have any lockout issues due to region; meaning, would it work on only systems sold in North America, or only in Europe, or would it work with all Sega CD systems?

2)How much RAM is it capable of holding when formatted for Sega CD saves (in blocks)?

3)Do you know if game saves can be transferred to PC, and vice-versa?

4)How do I place an order for one? Can I pre-order?

Hi,

The cartridge hold a firmware with a bios so you can easily manage all your backups, your roms, etc, no worries, very friendly interface that will surprize everyone.

1) No lockout issue, it works on all segacd/megacd

2)It olds 16 times the internal segacd ram, like 2000blocks, on each backup (you have 16slots) you can specify a name.

Its a backup/restore system, the segacd bios don't reconize the cartridge for performance/safelty reasons.

3)Using a link cable (plugged in joy2 port) you may communicate to the computer, however, this feature is said as "upcomming"... I wonder if someone wants to code/design the cable.

4)This product is a tototek one, it was just an announcement, there might be preorders soon... I'll tell u the url of the official megacart website...

Thx for interest

Mask of Destiny already designed a PC<->Genesis cable for uploading/downloading code and dumping games...

I went to Tototek's website; they apparently don't have anything even close to what you're referring to as Mega Cart. Who manufactures this cart, and how do I go about ordering it from them? Is it under a different name, like for example "MD-PRO 32M"?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an idiot or anything, but after doing some searching, I think I got all this figured out, but I wanted to run it by you to see if I was right: The Megacart was designed by you, manufactured by Tototek, and it isn't ready to be sold yet. And the image posted at the beginning of this thread: at the bottom where it says "Tototek HW & Evermind Dev", YOU are Evermind.

So am I right?

Haha yeah u'r right... it was just an announcement... However the cart is in production since sunday... Still waiting for the prints... I think there will be preordering allowed in the next weeks but i'm not sure. Anyway, the cart should be available on september :)

Today i upgraded the rom size to 24MB max (yesterday it was 16MB + 8MB) so u can load most 32x games without problem.

I also hope to include sms support soon :)

Thx for ur interest,

Bye

Fonzie

Back