Megadrive RGB-model

P

PanzerDrake

I just got an extra second-hand megadrive (I'm from the Netherlands) model 1 to fiddle around with, that I thought was the second revision (without 'high def. graphics written on top). As it turns out, it also lacks any output ports except the RGB out. On the bottom (on the serial # sticker) it says 'Megadrive RGB' as the model name. Model number is 1601-09. Has anyone ever heard of this version? I know about the second revision, but isn't that one supposed to have a regular RF out as well?

Also, the RGB output doesn't seem to work with both my model 1 RGB cables, which work fine with my other MD and Neo-Geo. All I get is a load of garbled colours and lots of lines. Might the sync be missing?

Anyway, again, is there anyone who can shed some light on this? Does anyone else have this version who knows anything about the RGB pinout?

thanks.

It's the French version MD, which have only the AV port, no RF. You should have its original scart cable(with a black box) to have its full potential. Its picture quality is better than the rest. I prefer that one to the the others.

Hi! Thanks for the reply!

Do you know if there's anywhere I can get a scart cable like that? I do have two MD scart cables, but they don't have a 'black box', only a regular lead with a DIN plug at one end and a scart connector at the other. Works fine with my other MD. Is teh pinout different or does it have something to do with the French SECAM television system? Shouldn't be a problem with RGB, right?

I have a cable like the one in this pic... Shouldn't this one work?

Attachments

• RGBcable.jpg
    RGBcable.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 93
Hey Thanks!

I asked the seller if he would be willing to ship to The Netherlands, so fingers crossed!

Thanks for helping me out!

Back