Metroid DS Recieves an Overhaul!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
metroidpri133641.jpg
metroidpri133643.jpg

Apparently at the E3 gamers were saying that the new Metroid game for the DS system, Metroid Prime DS, was too hard to control. The big N has since then made a total overhaul of the game. The results of that overhaul will be shown in 10 days. The main screen will now be on the top and the map on the bottom.

Thanks to Spong for the news.

Supergrom said:
hmmm, i hope they find some way to work out good FPS controls.
I like First Person Shooters as much as the next guy, but Metroid IS NOT a First Person Shooter. The day it is, is the day Metroid's true essence dies.

I for one hope that if Nintendo ever does make a FPS, its a new franchise. Something that might breath a fresh breath of air into Nintendo and their franchises. Not that I'm saying Nintendo is stale. Its just that something new is always welcome.

jamesc359 said:
Supergrom said:
hmmm, i hope they find some way to work out good FPS controls.
I like First Person Shooters as much as the next guy, but Metroid IS NOT a First Person Shooter. The day it is, is the day Metroid's true essence dies.

I for one hope that if Nintendo ever does make a FPS, its a new franchise. Something that might breath a fresh breath of air into Nintendo and their franchises. Not that I'm saying Nintendo is stale. Its just that something new is always welcome.

Did you even play Metroid Prime?

It was a great FPS shooter!

I'd say it's an action-adventure. Not fundamentally different from the other Metroid games. Yes, you shoot at things, but that's not the main point of the game. In my book, if shooting stuff isn't the main point, it's not a shooter. 🙂

Back