My last sms plus ?

Both games run incredible fast and smooth. They run stable and don't crash.

I hope you can fix all GFX problems that came with the hardware GFX acceleration.

Looks promissing and can potentially become the most used Saturn homebrew in the future :D , without a doubt.

WIP :

- uses hardware line scroll for horizontal scroll (with the big help of cgfm2 :cheers )

- uses hardware scroll for vertical scroll (again cgfm2)

- SH2 CPU speed set to 28MHz with 352 res

Originally posted by Runik@Sun, 2006-03-19 @ 04:18 PM

Anyway, good work vbt ;)

[post=145180]Quoted post[/post]​

Have you actually tried it out? On real hardware? You should! This is the most mindblowing homebrew-thing I've ever seen running on a Saturn. Respect, VBT! :bow

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Sun, 2006-03-19 @ 07:38 PM

Have you actually tried it out? On real hardware? You should! This is the most mindblowing homebrew-thing I've ever seen running on a Saturn. Respect, VBT! :bow

[post=145182]Quoted post[/post]​

Well it's a team work, people of #smspower(cgfm2, MKon mainly) always help me when needed. :cheers they tell me what to write many times also.

Yo VBT,

first: thanks for Sonic, I love that game! :banana

I don't know what you did to get psycho fox to 133-145 FPS (maybe you found a secret way to overclock the Saturn to 50MHz?), but don't stop it!

psycho fox: during the first game (untill game over, later it's all fine), all sprites have a white border

Sonic1: some color is wrong, it's always displayed white. BTW: I've played Sonic on Dagolar's SMS emu port just yesterday and it doesn't compare to yours

Power Strike: the sprite garbage is quite massive here. Sometimes I loose orientation because I don't know what is my ship and which items are there for real.

Have you noticed, that the sprite clipping is not exact on the right screen border? Some sprites are displayed outside the screen, too.

Great stuff, VBT. When will there be a release with CD access? I'm sure people would like to use it :agree , as it is actually usable. Now that DCEmu is putting an eye on Saturn emulation...

Keep it on, vbt! :thumbs-up:

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Mon, 2006-04-03 @ 10:36 AM

Yo VBT,

first: thanks for Sonic, I love that game! :banana

I don't know what you did to get psycho fox to 133-145 FPS (maybe you found a secret way to overclock the Saturn to 50MHz?), but don't stop it!

psycho fox: during the first game (untill game over, later it's all fine), all sprites have a white border

Sonic1: some color is wrong, it's always displayed white. BTW: I've played Sonic on Dagolar's SMS emu port just yesterday and it doesn't compare to yours

"White" color problem fixed.

Power Strike: the sprite garbage is quite massive here. Sometimes I loose orientation because I don't know what is my ship and which items are there for real.

Not fixed

Have you noticed, that the sprite clipping is not exact on the right screen border? Some sprites are displayed outside the screen, too.

Only on emu I think (no window support on some)

Great stuff, VBT. When will there be a release with CD access? I'm sure people would like to use it :agree , as it is actually usable. Now that DCEmu is putting an eye on Saturn emulation...

CD version is ready, I new to add some word on the main screen and I think I won't make any BG picture.

Here are my last binaries before release, you will notice I have put the Outrun font :)

http://vberthelot.free.fr/sl_soniclast.bin

http://vberthelot.free.fr/sl_pfoxlast.bin

Originally posted by vbt+Thu, 2006-04-06 @ 07:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vbt @ Thu, 2006-04-06 @ 07:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Only on emu I think (no window support on some)

[post=145528]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

I tested on real hardware, only.

<!--QuoteBegin-vbt
@Thu, 2006-04-06 @ 07:31 PM

CD version is ready, I new to add some word on the main screen and I think I won't make any BG picture.

Here are my last binaries before release, you will notice I have put the Outrun font :)

http://vberthelot.free.fr/sl_soniclast.bin

http://vberthelot.free.fr/sl_pfoxlast.bin

[post=145528]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

The last ones before release, that sounds good. That sounds great! I'm currently away from home, but I'll test as soon as I can.

You will make me very happy with the release :rolleyes: and a lot of people at http://sega-saturn.dcemu.co.uk, too. It's great to have a Saturn emulation site opened, this gives some motivation to improve my emus, since yours is so good and mine are so slow.

menu.jpg
[/quote]

Originally posted by vbt@Sat, 2006-04-08 @ 05:48 PM

- Horizontal scroll lock added :)

[post=145568]Quoted post[/post]​

What's this?

Will you add optional fullscreen and Game Gear support for the release? I tested a Game Gear ROM (Sonic.gg renamed to sonic.sms) on Dagolar's port and it *worked*, except for wrong colors and pad input.

Guess when it's out, I'll play SMS games more than I ever did before. How big is the biggest SMS ROM (do all games fit in Saturn RAM)?

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Sat, 2006-04-08 @ 10:16 PM

What's this?

The sms can lock the horizontal scrolling on the two first row, to display scores for instance and till now, the two rows were scrolling with the game.

Will you add optional fullscreen and Game Gear support for the release?

I could add full screen support, just need some tests. About GG support, it will be harder, I really removed all references to GG emulation in the sources.

I tested a Game Gear ROM (Sonic.gg renamed to sonic.sms) on Dagolar's port and it *worked*, except for wrong colors and pad input.

Sure the original SMS Plus supports all GG roms.

Guess when it's out, I'll play SMS games more than I ever did before. How big is the biggest SMS ROM (do all games fit in Saturn RAM)?

[post=145572]Quoted post[/post]​

The biggest sms rom are :

sonic chaos,vf animation 1mo and street fighter 2 800ko. Other games are 512ko max.

As I put all games in hi work ram now, I can't load in memory 1mo games. SF2 was working some weeks ago but I use more memory so I think it won't run.

Originally posted by vbt@Sat, 2006-04-08 @ 11:08 PM

Sure the original SMS Plus supports all GG roms.

The biggest sms rom are :

sonic chaos,vf animation 1mo and street fighter 2 800ko. Other games are 512ko max.

As I put all games in hi work ram now, I can't load in memory 1mo games. SF2 was working some weeks ago but I use more memory so I think it won't run.

[post=145577]Quoted post[/post]​

Is the low work RAM already occupied? Maybe you can change the RAM configuration for these big games. For me it's been rather easy to put the ROM into the fastest possible memory area, depending on it's size.

The 2 player feature will be very interesting. Didn't realize that before, since most of my emus are handheld and thus one player only.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Sun, 2006-04-09 @ 07:27 AM

Is the low work RAM already occupied?

No.

Maybe you can change the RAM configuration for these big games. For me it's been rather easy to put the ROM into the fastest possible memory area, depending on it's size.

Yes it's not that hard, I did that. :)

The 2 player feature will be very interesting.

:)Double Dragon works perfectly.

post-895-1144581203.jpg

post-895-1144581833.jpg

[attachmentid=1806][attachmentid=1807][attachmentid=1808][attachmentid=1809][attachmentid=1810]

[attachmentid=1811][attachmentid=1812]

Attachments

• wb5.jpg
    wb5.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 88
  • spdball2.jpg
    spdball2.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 83
  • sonicchaos.jpg
    sonicchaos.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 90
  • shinobi.jpg
    shinobi.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 83
  • dd1.jpg
    dd1.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 117
  • rtype.jpg
    rtype.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 85
  • sonic.jpg
    sonic.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 89
  • wb5.jpg
    wb5.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 85
  • spdball2.jpg
    spdball2.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 84
  • sonicchaos.jpg
    sonicchaos.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 84
  • shinobi.jpg
    shinobi.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 80
  • dd1.jpg
    dd1.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 114
  • rtype.jpg
    rtype.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 92
  • sonic.jpg
    sonic.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 84
Wow, these screenshots look gorgeous!

Can you center the SMS screen? It's because most TV's I own cut away a portion of the screen left and right, especially in the corners. I already have my CD-R recorder rotating.

BTW: now that you are at dcemu, you may newspost yourself in the SEGA Saturn news forum, it'll be displayed on the Saturn news page immediately.

Back