My last sms plus ?

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Sun, 2006-04-09 @ 05:30 PM

Wow, these screenshots look gorgeous!

Can you center the SMS screen? It's because most TV's I own cut away a portion of the screen left and right, especially in the corners.

It's centered now :) I've added everywhere -/+48 and +/- 16

BTW: now that you are at dcemu, you may newspost yourself in the SEGA Saturn news forum, it'll be displayed on the Saturn news page immediately.

[post=145592]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok ok I will ;)

Originally posted by vbt@Thu, 2006-04-06 @ 07:31 PM

Here are my last binaries before release, you will notice I have put the Outrun font :)

http://vberthelot.free.fr/sl_soniclast.bin

http://vberthelot.free.fr/sl_pfoxlast.bin

[post=145528]Quoted post[/post]​

I tested both of them, there is a new font in. The sprites are perfect, except for very few cases in Sonic. I might be wrong, but somehow the Sonic title screen, especially the round ring where sonic looks through, it looks squeezed horizontally. Think I have to get me some glases ;) . Keep it up, I'm looking forward to the release. :thumbs-up: . Meanwhile, I'll continue working on emus, too.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Fri, 2006-04-14 @ 07:40 PM

I tested both of them, there is a new font in. The sprites are perfect, except for very few cases in Sonic. I might be wrong, but somehow the Sonic title screen, especially the round ring where sonic looks through, it looks squeezed horizontally. Think I have to get me some glases ;) . Keep it up, I'm looking forward to the release. :thumbs-up: .

Sorry no release today, I've tested a wonderful lookup table made by Charles Mac Donald for tiles and it's really impressive, only him has got the secret of lookup tables :) now games like Sonic keep constant framerate. So here are two games for Easter :)

http://vberthelot.free.fr/sl_sonic_easter.bin

http://vberthelot.free.fr/sl_pfox_easter.bin

Meanwhile, I'll continue working on emus, too.

[post=145700]Quoted post[/post]​

great on wich emu will you focus on ?

Is it usefull to make a PAR release which unlocks the cd drive an load ROMs on the CD ?

The main advantage is that people who haven't got a modchip and own PAR+Commlink to avoid to swap to play games.

Originally posted by vbt+Sat, 2006-04-15 @ 03:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vbt @ Sat, 2006-04-15 @ 03:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've tested a wonderful lookup table made by Charles Mac Donald for tiles and it's really impressive, only him has got the secret of lookup tables :) now games like Sonic keep constant framerate.

[post=145708]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

The wonders just won't stop. Where will this lead to? The emu is already so fast, you could emulate another game gear on the slave and make 2 player game gear matches possible :D .

Actually, you'll have to slow it down (I'm speaking serious), because games run too fast sometimes and thus don't have a stable framerate...

I will test the binaries, for sure!

<!--QuoteBegin-vbt
@Sat, 2006-04-15 @ 03:29 PM

great on wich emu will you focus on ?

[post=145708]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

It's currently the snes emu. I'm working on the asm core, it seems like I will have to mess with it on a low level, because displacement in memory access is limited by 15. Second one is a Game Boy emu. I'm not sure which emu to port, as GNUBoy is in my eyes not worth it to make it use the slave efficiently. The two great emus KiGB and BGB are closed source, so I think it'll be GEST (most likely), VisualBoyAdvance or TGDual. Any recommendation is welcome!

BTW: snes9x with it's tile cache is perfectly prepared for both, slave cpu usage and hardware gfx acceleration as well

With the new centered screen it looks much better!

Psycho Fox, Alex Kidd, Sonic: the left side of screen

- when bg scrolls from right to left, the left column of tiles flickers (repeatedly displays a tile column from elsewhere, maybe from some righter side of the screen) Does this only occur when scrolling is fast? Yes, the width of the corrupted column increases with increased scrolling speed: see Sonic. Wait, this even occurs on the right side (Sonic can run to the left, Psycho Fox cannot)

I can't say if this is a new bug, I haven't seen the left side before centering and most games didn't scroll such that it appears on the right.

- when sprites run out of the screen on the left side, they keep displayed for a certain distance of pixels (on the right it works now)

Besides that, the determination which sprites are visible can still be improved.

Alex Kidd looks much better compared to the last time that I tried it. Sonic plays a lot better than before, the only thing missing is the sound. And kensiden shows how awesome the linescroll works!

Guess I don't need my SMS console anymore, so I should give it as a prize for the next contest ;) . I keep my Saturn and your emu instead!

Really, I don't know how much sound will decrease speed, but most likely you will have to implement framerate stabilisation (automatic slowdown). Later, one could consider a vsync option, too...

You should keep you SMS it will be always better than an emu:)

Actually I got some problems with ROM loading, depending on the ROM size I have to put a lookup table either in highworkram or in lowworkram. Here are the cases :

- < 512 ko ROMS

ROM in HIGH WORK RAM

Lookup table in HIGH WorkRAM

- >= 512 ko and <1024ko ROMs

ROM in HIGH WORK RAM

Lookup table in LOW WorkRAM

- 1024ko ROMS

ROM in LOW WORK RAM

Originally posted by vbt@Wed, 2006-04-19 @ 11:15 PM

You should keep you SMS it will be always better than an emu:)

Actually I got some problems with ROM loading, depending on the ROM size I have to put a lookup table either in highworkram or in lowworkram. Here are the cases :

- < 512 ko ROMS

ROM in HIGH WORK RAM

- >= 512 ko and <1024ko ROMs

ROM in HIGH WORK RAM

Lookup table in LOW WorkRAM

- 1024ko ROMS

ROM in LOW WORK RAM

[post=145790]Quoted post[/post]​

Fixed :D Time to add sram support (in memory)

Originally posted by vbt@Fri, 2006-04-21 @ 09:40 PM

32ko are allocated

[post=145833]Quoted post[/post]​

You can save them to backup RAM, maybe they fit in system memory when you compress them(can be figured out by memory-dumping the sram save game and compressing it on pc). You can look in the Save Game Manager as a reference, there is BZip2 compression working. It is very memory consuming, but bget buffer allocator is perfect to asign multiple Saturn memory areas for allocation. But you'll have to take care that the memory chunk size used by BZip2 fits into at least one of the supplied buffers.

In my opinion it does not make sense to use the SGM compressed virtual drive format.

I've tested cZ80 0.92 on SMS plus PC and works great :) I may do the same on SMS plus for Saturn :)

Back