Nexus Memory Card: DC -> WinXP ?

Hy,

I´m in possession of the Nexus Memory Card + cable, which is used to transfer your savegames onto your PC.

Now here is the problem:

So far I have only been able to transfer savegames from the Memory Card to my old PC, using Win98, because there doesn´t seem to be any software which supports WinXP.

Do you know any possibility to transfer savegames to a PC with WinXP ? I mean, I can´t imagine that everyone who uploaded and uploads DC savegames was/is using Windows98, so there has got to be another way. :/

There are other ways to transfer Dreamcast savegames to PC and vice versa.

First requires you to have a BBA or a coder's cable, connect your Dreamcast to your PC and download Dream Explorer

. Launch the binary from DC-Tool and you'll be able to backup files from any VMU, or the whole VMUs, to your PC. :) The reverse operation is also possible of course.

Another method requires you to have your Dreamcast connected to Internet. Use the VMU uploader on this page with your Dreamcast browser (Planetweb, DreamKey or DreamPassport), select the file from your VMU and upload it. Then go to the VMU saves list with your PC browser and download your file (VMI+VMS or DCI).

As for the Nexus cards, Windows XP has some limits in parallel port programming, maybe that's why your program doesn't work properly on this OS.

Back