Nights cuesheet help

Myname

Established Member
I'm in the process of backing up all my PAL Saturn games and converting them to Japanese format so I can use them on my Jap Saturn and I'm having a little (a lot of?) trouble with the dual data tracks for Nights. So far I've tried burning with the cue as Sega Cue Maker does it (it only puts in one data track, but it was worth a try) and also by editing the new cue using the cue from the rip as a referance. Neither times it has worked, the furthest being the Sonic Team logo. The bin/cue isn't the problem as it's straight from an original.

I did a search and there was a link to an example of how to make cue sheets for dual data games, but it was on the old board (hence deleted).

Hope someone can give me some help with this, I'm fast running out of coaster fodder
smile.gif

Cheers

How do you rip your games in order to burn backups anyway? Why not rip Nights as a bin/cue? Satconv will happily take the .bin to change its region ...

That said, I don't understand why you don't just put a region switch (or use an ST-Key or Action Replay) in your Japanese Saturn to play your European games.

(Playing PAL games on an NTSC system should be a non-issue here.)

Thanks Taelon, been a long time since I used Satconv and I didn't realise you could use .bins in it.

As for the other points, my Saturn came with a mod installed so I thought it better to save space and use backups with it, rather than risk a two-switch mod on something that cost an arm and a leg.

Originally posted by Myname@Feb 24, 2003 @ 01:41 PM

I did a search and there was a link to an example of how to make cue sheets for dual data games, but it was on the old board (hence deleted).

Do you mean the sticky thread at the top of the forum, or was there another one?
huh.gif

Originally posted by Myname@Feb 24, 2003 @ 05:16 AM

...my Saturn came with a mod installed so I thought it better to save space and use backups with it, rather than risk a two-switch mod...

Seems your issue with NiGHTS is solved - but I'm not quite sure what you're saying up there. Mod as in MOD BOARD or as in an existing region switch? And two-switch mod as in adding another switch? *a bit confused*
blink.gif

Like I said, if you have an actual mod chip, you can still use an AR or ST-Key to take care of the region issue. Heck, an AR would give you the extra RAM and gamesave storage on top of that...

Mod board. I was using a Saturn Satellite, but once I noticed it had a mod I figured it'd be as well just to convert the PAL games and free up the cartridge port for RAM/memory carts.

But that's just IT! With an Action Replay, you have all that plus a region converter!!!!!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

I understand that perfectly well, thankyou. Perhaps I don't want an Action Replay, seeing as they're not the most reliable things in the world, not particularly easy to get hold of here for anything under £40 and are pretty damned ugly. OK?

I'm slowly but surely moving to that way of thinking too.

While my AR4M+ works OK at the moment, I'd like to be able to save directly to a memory cart and I almost never use the cheats.

I've got a Euro Saturn, a Japanese one and a US one on its way. I'll be getting an official back-up cart soon. Can you see where I'm headed with this?
biggrin.gif

Aight, aight, guys.
smile.gif
Sorry Myname, but then you could've said that to begin with
rolleyes.gif
Maybe the best thing to do is solder in a region switch like I did
wink.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb 25, 2003 @ 04:45 PM

Aight, aight, guys.
smile.gif
Sorry Myname, but then you could've said that to begin with
rolleyes.gif
Maybe the best thing to do is solder in a region switch like I did
wink.gif

Why would I need to say it to begin with? My problem was with Nights, it was fixed, end of story. No need for the Datel sales pitch or tempting me to solder a region switch. Even though you're clearly very clever, most people don't find success region switching a Saturn so I'd rather not do it on my beloved Japanese one.

Please leave it at that!

Back