OH HELL YEAH!! YAHOOOOO!! WOOOHOOO!!!&#3

Cloud121

Established Member
Ladies and Gentlemen of SX:

I, Dylan Schmidt, have FINALLY gotten a job. I start working at Blimpe on Monday at 4:30 CST. I've been waiting a long time for this... within the next month or two, my lifelong Sega dream will become a reality: I will finally get a Nomad...

Originally posted by racketboy@Sep 26, 2003 @ 07:47 PM

congrats!!!

I know it's getting harder to find jobs nowadays -- even for entry-level stuff

for reals! I have applied at so many places and havn't gotten a single job yet. I guess McDonalds is the place for me... :puke:

Originally posted by racketboy@Sep 26, 2003 @ 07:47 PM

congrats!!!

I know it's getting harder to find jobs nowadays -- even for entry-level stuff

Tell me about it... I've been living on unemployment benefits since june. ugh... I submit my resume at least once a week to no avail.

Don't spend all your money now ;) Work hard and try to be pleasant. This sometimes works but usually customers who are assholes will be assholes no matter how well you treat them. </inspirational>

Way to go man, my first job was a shit kicker at a horse farm, oddly enough, it was my favorite job (best coworkers I've ever had). One day I hope to get a Nomad too! :thumbs-up:

bowdow2n.gif

It's my experience (for anyone else out there looking for jobs) that pizza places need people constantly ^_^; Not that I work at a pizza place anymore.

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Sep 29, 2003 @ 03:10 PM

bowdow2n.gif

:thumbs-up: :smokin: :wanker :rolleyes: :p

Today was my first day. It was A LOT easier than I thought it'd be. Although I still gotta a bit to learn. Within three to four weeks, a Nomad will be mine :D :cool: :smokin: :drool: :thumbs-up:

Do you mean by pay per hour? $5.50. When I said three to for weeks, I meant, the time for me to get my first check, then to mail the Money Order, then the time it takes to get here (about a week after I send the Money Order. Dan at GOAT Store put it on hold for me :D ).

That's great to hear.

Congrats Cloud.

Dan at the GOAT Store is a great guy. I've ordered from him many times.

Good luck on your job.

I can attest to that, Dan was really helpful and nice when a Sega CD I ordered recently arrived non-functioning.. he not only paid the return shipping, but replaced the unit and threw in some other stuff as well. Those guys have a great store.

THAT WAS MY MODEL 1 MEGA CD YOU BOUGHT! DAN WAS GONNA PUT THAT ON HOLD ALONG WITH THE NOMAD! ARGH! ;) I sent him an E-Mail a few days ago asking him to put both the Nomad and Mega CD on hold for me. He otld me the Nomad was, but the Mega CD was sold. A fellow SX member of all people bought it... Damn... Oh well, Dan said that the next time they get a Model 1 in, he'll put it on hold for me (like with the SFC and 10 games last March, and the Nomad now). Model 1 Mega CD... Already got a Model 2, but have always wanted a Model 1...... :D :bow GOAT Store is the only place I buy games nowadays. I bought from them dozens of times. :bow

Back