Pacific Mall (Largest Chinese Mall in TO)

Cecilia Chen

Ban Hammered
Hi guys,

If you want to goto a Chinese mall, Pacific Mall is the cleanest and best (Made out of glass). Im not sure what they sell in terms of games, but I think they carry only new stuff. You can get old stuff, but you need to special order them (if they can get it at all) so I doubt anyone will be doing so unless you speak Chinese.

Chinese, Chinese and more Chinese. Did I mention Chinese? :) If your gonna go I think your gonna be one of the only caucasians around. So im not sure how much help you would get (In english that is). Be carefull about being ripped off. Also I wouldn't be supprised if a sea of people give you the "look" as you walked around :)

I posted some pictures I have of inside of the mall with a digital camera, and a crude map.

http://www.geocities.com/cecilia_chen0110/index.html

Have fun,

speak Chinese

This is probably a stupid question, but what language should it be? Saying "speak Chinese" is like saying "speak European", with the exception that nobody managed to bludgeon Europe into a single nation and subsequently standardize a written language.

o_o Ah.... Anyway, so close to my goal, yet so far away. I'd like to thank the lamb of god for tripping me up on the line of scrimmage. The only people I know who can speak any form of Chinese live in China. Curses! Foiled by The Man yet again! My quest for fire is at an end.

ExCyber --> Speak Chinese means exactly as it sounds.

Maybe better wording? Insert "any" in

between the two then LOL.

Raijin Z --> Im actualy pretty supprised you even know

anyone in China. Isn't TO Close enough to

you? :)

CC do you go alone?

Usualy its ok, but actualy one of my friends was oughed up when he went down. Sometimes if you see some teens hanging out with red color hair, and look like they could be carrying knifes ect, its because they do! :) And Im sure they would like nothing better than to pick a fight and wax some white guy whos trying to be cool looking for deals in stores. Inside its ok, but if someone saw you and your leaving and walking home, you'd better watch it.

But then again, Toronto is full of crime and this kinda crap anyways :)

Quote: from Trenton net on 11:04 am on Mar. 20, 2002

CC do you go alone?

Usualy its ok, but actualy one of my friends was oughed up when he went down. Sometimes if you see some teens hanging out with red color hair, and look like they could be carrying knifes ect, its because they do! :) And Im sure they would like nothing better than to pick a fight and wax some white guy whos trying to be cool looking for deals in stores. Inside its ok, but if someone saw you and your leaving and walking home, you'd better watch it.

But then again, Toronto is full of crime and this kinda crap anyways :)

####!Time to change my hair color at my next china holidays! ;)

I've been on the "intarweb" for 8 years. I know people on every continent. Know them well enough to have mailed them cash and fabulous prizes.

"But then again, Toronto is full of crime and this kinda crap anyways "

Toronto is the only city I've been in that I felt completely safe walking around downtown by myself half-drunk and stoned at 2AM after a Slayer concert at the warehouse.

I ain't skeered of nothing in TO ('cept maybe Caribana cuz theres nothing but roving american gangs and nil security.. shootings always go up about a zillion percent that weekend)

Do what I did, move to the states, see how safe you feel in Baltimore, even at noon with a large group of friends.

For a city of its size, Toronto is remarkably safe and friendly.

It's because of that socialized medicine. People can walk up and stab you five times, but it's all good because the bills are taken care of.

god... and we got the Mall of America... *sigh* oh well, alberta is only 20 hours away and that has the biggest mall in the world if i remember correctly

(Edited by Gallstaff at 7:18 pm on Mar. 20, 2002)

The pacific Mall is great...( I bought my maracas there) howveer for classic stuff they have next to nil. And yeah the language thing is a real barrier seeing as how most of the people there speak very broken english. As for being safe, the inside of the mall is very clean...it's just the people located in the surrounding area (i.e the rust hair coloured teens) that make me a little edgy.

I think you can get anything, but you need to order it out. But I think most people won't since of the language barrier. I ordered a copy of Metel Slug when I was down visiting family.

Back