Translating Fire Pro Wrestling S : 6Men Scramble

So I'm going to do a few last tweaks and release FirePro 6Men Scramble as done. I will not be finishing the Victory Road stuff because even after doing over 400 lines, there's nearly 2500 left to do. The 400 lines I have done have taken almost 2 months, so at this rate I'd be grinding out the rest of the story text for another year and I'm just not willing grind through all that. I will leave the replacement tile value text files and other files up incase someone wants to tackle the rest of the story in 2nd.bin but its all pretty stupid dialog from what I understand of it.

As soon as I release 6Men Scramble I'm going to work on finishing Blazing Tornado then take a break for a while from this. I thought I could knock out FPS6MS in a few weeks and its now been over a year. I got about 80% of Blazing Tornado in 3 weeks; so I obviously picked the wrong game to translate first ;)

Sorry to hear you won't be finishing it but thank you for the work you did do :)
There is just some text scroll when you get to the last match of each division. The 2 main issues are the sheer volume of text and the second issue being that I know Chinese much better than Japanese. I'd love for someone to pick up where I left off but I'm well over 1,200 hours into this and I'm pretty burnt out on it. The most important part to translate, the menus and the create a wrestler, are done making the game 100% playable.

I made a cheat sheet of all the new tiles I made and their hex values, and I'll document out where the story dialog is. I'm probably going to take a look at a game that's actually popular instead of FirePro type games but I hope some people give these a shot now that the language barrier is down.

Fire Pro Blazing Tornado is actually significantly better than the arcade game. The biggest change is that it is no longer a button masher, but uses timing to win grapples. Beyond that there is a new mode, ability to play as Ludwig, new final stage, tutorials, etc Not to mention that Saturn was the only console to get a port.

Last edited:
So more work done on Blazing Tornado, all the controller config screens are done:
1631361068955.png

There are only 2 things left to do:
1) the tutorial video selection screen. Been bugging @Knight0fDragon and he's been a big help but I am struggling to find the images to alter on the RGB0 layer of VPD2

I was originally just going to change the VDP layer which shows only the highlighted word:
1631361120522.png

I may still end up taking that path if I cant figure this out, but that would be the next thing would never get done........

2) the endings. Luckily there's a cheat code to show you the ending after selecting your wrestler ; unluckily all the ending "texts" seems to also be on a VDP2 layer which is proving to be a kick in the pants on sorting out.

We'll see.

So more work done on Blazing Tornado, all the controller config screens are done:
View attachment 6586

There are only 2 things left to do:
1) the tutorial video selection screen. Been bugging @Knight0fDragon and he's been a big help but I am struggling to find the images to alter on the RGB0 layer of VPD2

I was originally just going to change the VDP layer which shows only the highlighted word:
View attachment 6587
I may still end up taking that path if I cant figure this out, but that would be the next thing would never get done........

2) the endings. Luckily there's a cheat code to show you the ending after selecting your wrestler ; unluckily all the ending "texts" seems to also be on a VDP2 layer which is proving to be a kick in the pants on sorting out.

We'll see.

This is awesome work!
Huge thanks from a big wrestling fan.
I gotta ask though, does this mean we should be seeing the 6Men Scramble release very soon?

the files are already available on the google drive link, but a "final version" should be done soon. Waiting on crow to give me a list of move name changes to finish/fix and then Im done with it.