Translating Fire Pro Wrestling S : 6Men Scramble

So I'm going to do a few last tweaks and release FirePro 6Men Scramble as done. I will not be finishing the Victory Road stuff because even after doing over 400 lines, there's nearly 2500 left to do. The 400 lines I have done have taken almost 2 months, so at this rate I'd be grinding out the rest of the story text for another year and I'm just not willing grind through all that. I will leave the replacement tile value text files and other files up incase someone wants to tackle the rest of the story in 2nd.bin but its all pretty stupid dialog from what I understand of it.

As soon as I release 6Men Scramble I'm going to work on finishing Blazing Tornado then take a break for a while from this. I thought I could knock out FPS6MS in a few weeks and its now been over a year. I got about 80% of Blazing Tornado in 3 weeks; so I obviously picked the wrong game to translate first ;)

Sorry to hear you won't be finishing it but thank you for the work you did do :)
There is just some text scroll when you get to the last match of each division. The 2 main issues are the sheer volume of text and the second issue being that I know Chinese much better than Japanese. I'd love for someone to pick up where I left off but I'm well over 1,200 hours into this and I'm pretty burnt out on it. The most important part to translate, the menus and the create a wrestler, are done making the game 100% playable.

I made a cheat sheet of all the new tiles I made and their hex values, and I'll document out where the story dialog is. I'm probably going to take a look at a game that's actually popular instead of FirePro type games but I hope some people give these a shot now that the language barrier is down.

Fire Pro Blazing Tornado is actually significantly better than the arcade game. The biggest change is that it is no longer a button masher, but uses timing to win grapples. Beyond that there is a new mode, ability to play as Ludwig, new final stage, tutorials, etc Not to mention that Saturn was the only console to get a port.

Last edited:
So more work done on Blazing Tornado, all the controller config screens are done:
1631361068955.png

There are only 2 things left to do:
1) the tutorial video selection screen. Been bugging @Knight0fDragon and he's been a big help but I am struggling to find the images to alter on the RGB0 layer of VPD2

I was originally just going to change the VDP layer which shows only the highlighted word:
1631361120522.png

I may still end up taking that path if I cant figure this out, but that would be the next thing would never get done........

2) the endings. Luckily there's a cheat code to show you the ending after selecting your wrestler ; unluckily all the ending "texts" seems to also be on a VDP2 layer which is proving to be a kick in the pants on sorting out.

We'll see.

So more work done on Blazing Tornado, all the controller config screens are done:
View attachment 6586

There are only 2 things left to do:
1) the tutorial video selection screen. Been bugging @Knight0fDragon and he's been a big help but I am struggling to find the images to alter on the RGB0 layer of VPD2

I was originally just going to change the VDP layer which shows only the highlighted word:
View attachment 6587
I may still end up taking that path if I cant figure this out, but that would be the next thing would never get done........

2) the endings. Luckily there's a cheat code to show you the ending after selecting your wrestler ; unluckily all the ending "texts" seems to also be on a VDP2 layer which is proving to be a kick in the pants on sorting out.

We'll see.

This is awesome work!
Huge thanks from a big wrestling fan.
I gotta ask though, does this mean we should be seeing the 6Men Scramble release very soon?

the files are already available on the google drive link, but a "final version" should be done soon. Waiting on crow to give me a list of move name changes to finish/fix and then Im done with it.

Pretty big update. I found out there's dialog when you lose the match in blazing tornado, I was save scumming it to get all the winning dialog an it never dawned on me that there would be losing dialog as well. So I lost a few circuit matches and wrote down the glyphs. I used that to find the data and start translating all that. Theres a 9x9 character matrix including "mirror matches" and each section is usually 2 or 3 lines long, so there's another 250ish lines of text I'm plowing through.

1640046380732.png

In addition to that, the game also gives you a relevant tip to improve your game play. For example, if you lose via count out the game tells you how to get back in the ring:

1640046403730.png

Added my segaxtreme.net shoutout:
1640046072298.png

Any programmer out there? There's some compression stuff I dont get , that dragon looked at and said this:

the code is:
Code:
2 byte -> number of words to repeat + 2 words
2 byte -> word to repeat
2 byte -> abs(number of wordd to next code)
so 000F = 15 words (1 word = 2 bytes)  + 2 more words = 17 words or 34 bytes
this means there should be 34 bytes of 0
if you look at the decompressed,  there is 2 rows, plus 2 additional bytes.  16 + 16 + 2  = 34
you need to find a way to come up with a tool to do this
var repeatCount = readword();
var valueToRepeat = readword();
var rawReadCount = readword();

for(i = 0; i <= repeatCount() + 1; i++)
{
     output.add(valueToRepeat);
}
for(i = rawReadCount; i < 0; i++)
{
     output.add(readword());
}
i think that is the algorithm

I have no idea how or what to do, but without this I cannot edit the endings. In fact with this I probably cant alter the endings but it'll at least make me feel less retarded about it.

I've really been enjoying your translation for 6 man scramble, really nice work! Has there been any discussion about possibly changing the default attires? For some reason in this game almost all of the default attires are wrong or recolored to avoid copyright im assuming. But if you select the wrestler using the z button it is the correct attire. So basically would it be possible to swap the 1st attire with the 6th attire for every wrestler?

Actually looked into that already but I couldn't figure out exactly how the data was stored. We got some colors to shift but couldn't get the body parts to change when they were different. The best results we could get were similar colors but corrupted body parts. Since you can just pick the attire you want with Z it didn't seem important enough to keep trying to figure out. I released and called this version .9 because I'm really burnt out on this game.

I wont say never, but if I ever come back to it , it won't be any time soon.

Actually looked into that already but I couldn't figure out exactly how the data was stored. We got some colors to shift but couldn't get the body parts to change when they were different. The best results we could get were similar colors but corrupted body parts. Since you can just pick the attire you want with Z it didn't seem important enough to keep trying to figure out. I released and called this version .9 because I'm really burnt out on this game.

I wont say never, but if I ever come back to it , it won't be any time soon.
I've actually been looking into it and have been able to successfully recolor a few of the roster already. I can send you over the 1st.bin file when I get a bit further along if you want, I built it using the latest one from your drive.

File would be great, so would the locations and values changed. We got a few guys colored but for the ones who had different gear we ran into issues.

File would be great, so would the locations and values changed. We got a few guys colored but for the ones who had different gear we ran into issues.
I've actually gotten all of the main roster swapped where attire 0=5, 1=4, 2=3, and 3=2. The roster selection screens look great now with everyone having their correct ~96 attire as the default. I have noticed that for the masked wrestlers that their attires are still incorrect even after switching attire order, Lyger is a great example of this. So for those guys I've been creating 6 edits with the correct attires and exporting those out and then importing the values into the specific .jsop file for that wrestler. It's a bit time consuming compared to just swapping the attire number but it seems to work well. Once I get all of the masked wrestlers updated like this I'll send the file over to you to look at.

Thanks

Back