Painting your systems.....

Hey, I am thinking of taking apart my ugly xbox and painting it. I need to know what typr of primer and shit I should use. What type of paint will go on evenly and will shine. I need paint that will last and look professional too, no runs, blotches, thick/thin spots, etc. So u have any info at all about the subject then tell us here. If u have pics of the jobs you have done post them here too.

cherok

I can tell you NOT to use ceramic paint. It chips easily, and becomes very sticky. I painted my saturn lightgun wwith the stuff

Ummmm, well I am thinking of doing white base with a metalic ice blue sumthin or other.

one more questuon: u know that ugly circular XBox logo. Anyone know of a way I could get that out and put a Linuz penguin in it?

Gallstaff

yes i do. You could just get some tin snips and cut around it leaving an exposed hole in the xbox and just measure the hole an replacwe logo.

DBOY

> Tux kthx

Well, back to the topic at hand......I need sum tip on what to use and how to get the best results from my XBox painting. I know some of you have had to paint your systems before. what's your experiences with them? Share share share! and after I do it and perfect it (will prob take 3-4 tries of dif stuff) then I am gunna make a FAQ and put it here on SX. I know tonz of ppl wouldn't mind painint up their old-school and new-school consoles.

Cynnamin

I don't think anyone has ever "HAD" to paint their console.

I think it's more along the lines of "they wanted to" or "they thought it would be cool" to paint it.

Area-51

Get some of that green rubberized paint. The kind that they have on some wrench tool handles. you can get it at Home Depot or Lowe's.

A rubberized Xbox....

gamefoo21

now see if you used ME its your own damned fault i mean MS doesn't even support it. its desiegned for Win 2k Pro and Win 98. For the non Xp systems.

Oh and the Linux Penguin decked out in Quake 3 equipment is cool railgun forever.

Raijin Z

The linux penguin is FAT. That's not cool at all.

I spraypainted my NES and a Guncon flat black... It came out okay, but the paint will tend to wear off.