PC Comms Link on Windows 98

Knight0fDragon

Patron Supporter
So I am hooking up my old saturn dev machine just for nostalgic purposes, and I realized I do not remember at all what was needed to get the Comms Link running.

Anybody remember everything needed for a Windows 98 machine?

Now I know the Comms Link, was not PnP, but does anybody remember if these were hidden or not from the device manager?

If it was hidden, was there some kind of driver I needed to use to get windows applications to recognize it?

The main program I used was GSCC, but for some reason, it will not communicate with my saturn, and I cant figure out why.

At some point, I will attempt to boot into DOS to test and see if the Comms Link is at all bad.

Thanks.

So I am hooking up my old saturn dev machine just for nostalgic purposes, and I realized I do not remember at all what was needed to get the Comms Link running.

Anybody remember everything needed for a Windows 98 machine?

Now I know the Comms Link, was not PnP, but does anybody remember if these were hidden or not from the device manager?

If it was hidden, was there some kind of driver I needed to use to get windows applications to recognize it?

The main program I used was GSCC, but for some reason, it will not communicate with my saturn, and I cant figure out why.

At some point, I will attempt to boot into DOS to test and see if the Comms Link is at all bad.

Thanks.
If I recall, the last time I used mine the utilities all required pure-dos mode; As in you couldn't be booted into windows at all.

If I recall, the last time I used mine the utilities all required pure-dos mode; As in you couldn't be booted into windows at all.
GSCC is an app I used back in the day to do my hacking. There is definitely a way it works in windows, I just can't remember the process and all that was needed.

Back