Pics and VBT on Saturn Saturn Dev Zone

Hey guys, Ive found this program in the Saturn Dev Zone called VBT. Its says it plays pics sms and so, its sure it won't send smss but about pics, what pics can play and how? Anyone has run VBT on saturn? :huh

ElSolido : vbt is not a computer program, it's the name of a person. "Sms" is a sega master system emulator, and the "pic viewer" is a picture viewer.

I used the code of the pic viewer in "floupix ping pong" in order to display some background images (using slPutBitmap), loaded from the cd. It is not the most beautiful code I've ever seen, but it works well (thank you, vbt).

Originally posted by vreuzon@Feb 24, 2004 @ 12:06 PM

I used the code of the pic viewer in "floupix ping pong" in order to display some background images (using slPutBitmap), loaded from the cd. It is not the most beautiful code I've ever seen, but it works well (thank you, vbt).

I know my code was a little messy as it was my first program on Saturn :blush:

ElSolido, about my pic viewer, the file format is a Saturn raw format (either 352*480 or 704*240). In order to wrtie suitable files, you need to make PCX files in 256 colors and then convert them to Saturn format with PCXtoSat (check on my site). I you need more details I will complete my answer. :)

I have a little problem with 320*240 images displayed by a modified version of your pic viewer. Some of the top (or bottom) of the picture seems to be hidden behind something.

I modified the SelectPict function :

Code:
	slBMPaletteNbg1(1);

slInitBitMap(bmNBG1, BM_1024x512,(void *)NBG1_CEL_ADR);

slBitMapBase(0,0);

slBMPut(0,0,319,239, pic); 

slScrAutoDisp(NBG0ON|NBG1ON);

Has it something to do with the BM_1024x512 ? Any other idea ?

Back