playing backups and imports...

Hi again,

I'm about to buy a used European Saturn in which I'm hoping to install a mod board. I want to be able to play all originals (eu/usa/jp) and all backups, and I don't want to "swap" disc to play. Will I be able to do so? Does the machine have to be of a certain kind (read something about "21-pin")? Do I need something else besides the mod board? (action replay, ram-cart)? I'm feeling a bit lost, and would appreciate any help I can get... ???

CHE

Ban Hammered
Buying a 5 in 1 cart it´s a good idea:

Action replay

Code country

4Mb RAM

Backup ram

PC conection

and the mod. If you have a model 2 saturn, probably it´s a 21 pin machine. You can check how to install the mod here:

http://www.playthegames.com -- Saturn section

or try the new modding system exposed in forums.

There are Saturn FAQs somewhere... you should check them... use Google to find the documents.

mal

A 5 in 1 cart and performing the 'swap trick' will let you play backups and imports.

Info on the swap trick can be found here.

computolio

The swap trick does get easy once you get the hang of it.; it's nowhere near as outlandish as the PS1 swap trick. However, a mod board is ALWAYS a good idea because slamming those discs around can't be very good for your Saturn or your CD-Rs. While you're waiting for that 5-in-one cart and modchip to arrive from Lik-Sang, you can also use the "Satconv" utility to make foreign ISOs friendly to your region.

-duncan