PSX to SEGA Saturn Analog pad adapter

antime said:
The sources I've found around the net says anything between 3.6 and 5 volts goes. Maybe DualShock 2s are stricter.

The typical parallel port adapter uses silicon diodes to drop the voltage from 4.something to 3.something. I've also seen a 3.7V zener diode used on the supply line. It's probably not too critical. I made one that connected to the Amiga parallel port - it used the diode drop method.

I know beggars can't be choosers, but is there any way that there antime, that you could have a button layout that works with the X Arcade PS2 or Hori Arcade PRO V2 layout? I have a totoTEK PSX-to-Sat adapter that is mapped funky so I actually can't map what should be the fierce kick button properly (as in location on the arcade stick). I guess Capcom fighting games don't let you use the R and L keys for regular attacks. If you do continue this project could there be a way to use the following layout,

X Arcade / Hori Arcade PRO V2 layout

X = A

O = B

R2 = C

â–  = X

â–² = Y

R1 = Z

L1 = L

L2 = R

I know I can't expect anything, but if this is something I was skilled enough to do I would do it. Also if there is anything I can do to help let me know. It may be very little but I am willing to do it.

Back