Quickest and Easiest way to..

COMPLETELY DESTROY A PC?

This is serious..... I really need to know the fastest and easiest way to fry a mobo + processor (and monitor if anyone knows how). I would prefer that these methods do not leave marks on the machine...

Some really stupid shit has happened between a friend of mine and his roommate.... so, in the interest of equality, my friend is going to fry his roommate's pc since something similar was done to him by the guy...

Any suggestions!?

"Upgrade" the BIOS to something it won't like, switch a red and black wire, and finally moonwalk barefoot on shag carpet before feeling up the hardware like a prom date.

Isn't it possible to trace the installment of a wrong bios image?

The static does seem to be the easiest way to fry it with out leaving any evidence of foul doing. I suggest a van de graff generator.

I can also see judge judy in their futures.

Isn't it possible to trace the installment of a wrong bios image?

I'd imagine that it's pretty difficult to tell the difference between sabotage and bit rot if it's done properly - i.e. by setting an appropriate "0" bit to "1" (the reverse could be suspicious) in a critical instruction but otherwise leaving it unaltered

Disconnect the processor cooling fan and have the system run ScanDisc. That'll burn out the processor in no time. For the moniter, get some large magnets and play with them up against the screen. While you're at it, place the magnets right by the hard drive for a little bit. And I hear RAM chips don't hold up too well in the microwave.

Or you could just hook the motherboard up to some jumper cables attached to your car battery and let the engine run for about ten minutes. 12 volts might not be much, but running through the wrong circuts...

Disconnect the processor cooling fan and have the system run ScanDisc. That'll burn out the processor in no time.

Many processors/mainboards have a mechanism that will shut down or underclock the system if heat becomes a problem, so this isn't really a surefire method.

For the moniter, get some large magnets and play with them up against the screen.

I've never seen this cause anything that a couple degauss cycles won't fix. Most monitors have stuff to protect them against unfriendly sync rates, so I think the best way to "trash" a monitor (at least the more advanced types) would be to set the brightness/contrast to their lowest values and then break the button that brings up the controls, so it looks like there's no picture. That really doesn't trash it; I have another idea, but it involves custom hardware...

Or you could just hook the motherboard up to some jumper cables attached to your car battery and let the engine run for about ten minutes. 12 volts might not be much, but running through the wrong circuts...

Or you could just get 12 volts from the power supply. Your choice, really. :biggrin:

(Edited by ExCyber at 1:42 am on April 6, 2002)

as much "fun" as this may seem, you might want to keep in mind that what you are planning to do is in fact a crime and could get you into deep shit.

Hey Cyn. I have all ways you need. Just email me or AIM chat as we can go thorugh this step by step ;) No major tech skills needed for what I plan to tell you ;)

just break a pin off the cpu and place it back in, they wont even know the problem, after al how many people actually look at the bottom of a cpu.

Use a screw driver to short out a few pins while the power is on? Computers these days are usually fairly tollerant of static...at least I've found them to be :biggrin:

If your asking how to do it without opening the PC up (i.e. with software), then I believe that it is impossible.

You need to search for and read the "Bastard Operator from ####" stories or BOFH, look on theregister.co.uk

For something simple can anyone say fdisk /mbr?

that way he might sell you the hardware if he doesnt know whats wrong with it.

or just spray air freshener into the power supply fan - i have heard many tech support people who have had complaints from people after they fixed the funny smell from their computer and now it doesnt work

Actually, what was done to my friend was more of a crime than what we are planning to do because a pc can be replaced but 3-4 years of time can't.

Eye for an eye, baby!

Ratamahatta's Idea is good, but not that hard. I reccomend you you crush the cpu core and put the fan back on, if its a AMD cpu, it's easier to do.

::Talked to Cyn on AIM:: =D

I think the ideas will work hehe

Everyone what happens if you put a small pin into the socket of the processer then place the processer on back over it? ;)

Quote: from Mysticales on 12:31 pm on April 6, 2002

::Talked to Cyn on AIM:: =D

I think the ideas will work hehe

Everyone what happens if you put a small pin into the socket of the processer then place the processer on back over it? ;)

How come you never talk to me on aim? :p

LOL your not a female ;)

Yea Rata, Boom! Big Bada Boom....well not really but the processer is dead plus motd as who will look into a socket for a tiny metal peace?

Back