Radiant Silvergun in English

I don't see why we should be guilt tripped into making the game do something it never did before when there's already an official, easier to access version available with full subtitles.
i never said not to add them if it wasn't technically feasible (or even if it was), i was just getting angry at the argument that they're "distracting" and that somehow being more important than accessibility. i apologize if i was unclear in my statements of that before. i think overall the decision is reasonable, i was just questioning whether that decision was being made for the right reasons

have you considered people who are physically incapable of hearing the game audio?
i wasn't even arguing for subtitles during gameplay since i know on a technical level it would be difficult to implement but this response is completely ignoring deaf and hard of hearing players

if it bothers you that much just don't pay attention, gating off an accessible experience because of your personal preferences isn't cool
please stop, your arguments are really dumb and are borderline trolling at this point.

No, we do not need to consider the people incapable of hearing because the original developers have not considered.

If it bothers me so much, I will not add it. We are not in the business to cater to every disability. Maybe we should hack the game so that blind people can play as well. or make it for people who lost their sense of smell, touch, or taste, including every combination.

At the end of the day, if you are deaf and need closed captions, that sucks. Game console developers should have added a way to make closed caption work. But you are the one that is going to need to place effort into getting a game that works for you. Other patch developers are going to work on patches that work for them.

i never said not to add them if it wasn't technically feasible (or even if it was), i was just getting angry at the argument that they're "distracting" and that somehow being more important than accessibility. i apologize if i was unclear in my statements of that before. i think overall the decision is reasonable, i was just questioning whether that decision was being made for the right reasons
you got angry because you didn't bother looking at one post prior to get an understanding of what is even going on in this thread. Perhaps you should have understood the conversation before you inserted your opinion.

i'm "borderline trolling" for giving my opinion on whether the FMVs specifically should have subtitles? whatever i don't care enough to argue anymore. maybe take a look at yourself arguing against accessibility and willfully misinterpreting my points, dude. i'm never touching this forum again
please stop, your arguments are really dumb and are borderline trolling at this point.

No, we do not need to consider the people incapable of hearing because the original developers have not considered.

If it bothers me so much, I will not add it. We are not in the business to cater to every disability. Maybe we should hack the game so that blind people can play as well. or make it for people who lost their sense of smell, touch, or taste, including every combination.

At the end of the day, if you are deaf and need closed captions, that sucks. Game console developers should have added a way to make closed caption work. But you are the one that is going to need to place effort into getting a game that works for you. Other patch developers are going to work on patches that work for them.

It's not that we're against accessibility, we're just saying it's not something we personally plan on exploring if this project gets going. It's beyond the scope of the project and the original game. The fact there's also a version that's easier to get a hold of and more accessible that already has all the subtitles you'd want/need makes the point even less of a priority.

i'm "borderline trolling" for giving my opinion on whether the FMVs specifically should have subtitles? whatever i don't care enough to argue anymore. maybe take a look at yourself arguing against accessibility and willfully misinterpreting my points, dude. i'm never touching this forum again
you're borderline trolling for inserting your uneducated opinion then following it with crying over defending a topic nobody is even talking about. I am actually in a family with hereditary hearing loss, so your fake elitism is not going to work on me. Would much rather sacrifice accessibility over game play.

have you considered people who are physically incapable of hearing the game audio?
i wasn't even arguing for subtitles during gameplay since i know on a technical level it would be difficult to implement but this response is completely ignoring deaf and hard of hearing players

if it bothers you that much just don't pay attention, gating off an accessible experience because of your personal preferences isn't cool
Deaf people will die in RS too if they read the subtitles. The story also is not something huge and complicated and you can figure it out even playing in japanese.

Back