Resident Evil

Yesterday I downloaded Resident Evil for Saturn off Edge's ftp. The game extracted and burned fine, but it freezes after the 'they escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.....yet' text. Screen just stays black
sad.gif

The game is in iso/wav format and I used sega cue maker which came up with this cue:

FILE "resident evil T01 Mode1 2048.iso" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

INDEX 01 00:00:00

POSTGAP 00:02:00

FILE "resident evil T02 Audio 2352.wav" WAVE

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

INDEX 01 00:00:00

I mounted the image in Daemon Tools and burned at 2x speed with discjuggler, like I burn all my games without ever having any problems. So, can anyone help me get this game to work? Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Cuesheet is fine... Only reason I can think of for the game freezing is a bad ISO...

I must ask though, why mount the image and burn it with DJ? That seems awful complicated, when you can just load the cuesheet in Nero or CDRWin. In fact, that should be a MUCH more reliable way of burning the game _correctly_.

You say the way you do it hasn't given you problems with any other games... yet I have this hunch that something *is* going wrong this one time with your method. I could be wrong though.

The more likely reason IMHO is still a bad ISO....

Yes, I'm using a modboard.

The reason I burn this way is because my burner dislikes CDRWIN and Nero sometimes gives me trouble burning foreign images, but I have burned about 30 games so far this way, without any problems whatsoever. So I guess it must be the iso. Is there any way to fix this, or maybe a way to see what exactly is wrong with it?

Edit: Problem solved, I reburned at 1x speed and now the game works
smile.gif

Back