Return Fire?

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Jun 4, 2003 @ 06:46 PM

well having a way to run Cd-Rs on a non-modded Saturn would greatly increase the number of people interested in Return Fire I figure
tongue.gif

So think I...

When the Return Fire re-release would be self-booting it would be really great, so the most of the guys out there doesn´t have to do the swap trick (most of you don´t own a modchip/-board, do you?)

I´m still waiting for the last OK from Prolific and Silent Software, when i get it i can re-release the game instantly (with or without selbooting CD)...

I still don't own a Saturn...

But I'll be getting one sometime in a not so distant future...

But no matter how long it'll take before I get a Saturn, I'm still gonna get myself Return Fire
happy.gif

(already got some Saturn originals and stuff... But I'm still waiting to finaly be able to play them... again...)

And yeah, it would be great if Return Fire could be self-booting...

Wonder if Sega somehow would print it for you... (on cds) if you paid them a little price, or something...

I mean, as you most likely got the permission to release it...

Originally posted by AntiPasta@Jun 4, 2003 @ 02:46 PM

well having a way to run Cd-Rs on a non-modded Saturn would greatly increase the number of people interested in Return Fire I figure
tongue.gif

*groan* <_<

Just think about what you're actually saying there... it's a no-brainer... having a way to run CDRs on ANY non-modded system will (and does) greatly increase the number of people interested in ANY game!!
tongue.gif

It's like, duhhhh
rolleyes.gif
and I ask thee, what's the point?
tongue.gif

PS: don't take me too seriously everyone, I just have a flair for the dramatic sometimes
hehehe.gif

Ack, I just now saw there was a third page to the thread which I read up on... OK, wait -- am I missing something?

Wasn't Return Fire going to be released on "proper" Saturn CDs (with security ring) to begin with?

I had been assuming that was the case, thus why I was getting so worked up about everyone discussing getting games to work without modding/swapping...
blink.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Jun 5, 2003 @ 06:42 PM

Wasn't Return Fire going to be released on "proper" Saturn CDs (with security ring) to begin with?

No, never....

Unless you can tell me where to get 1000 "proper" Saturn CD´s... <_<

Sega baby, Sega
tongue.gif

(wonder if they'd print it... Guess 1000 copies isn't enough though... I'd say the minimum for a print is 5000... but hell, normal music companies will print 500 copies... so I guess 1000 from Sega "is" a possibility... but I guess it'd involve signing papers
tongue.gif
)

Originally posted by Taelon@Jun 4, 2003 @ 05:11 PM

For the love of God, people...

This thread SUCKS! I expect to hear something new about Return Fire - when can I buy the blasted thing?? I've had it up to here with carts vs. CDs and security rings and all that.. AUUGGHHHH!!!

(large font removed to avoid further annoyance)

That it is really annoying, please avoid doing that. Having a "flair for the dramatic" indeed.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Jun 6, 2003 @ 11:51 PM

That it is really annoying, please avoid doing that. Having a "flair for the dramatic" indeed.

Okay. I'm sorry.

unsure.gif

Update:

For understandable reasons the re-release of Return Fire for SEGA Saturn will be at the same time as the release of Return Fire for GBA (in about 2/3 months)...

There will be a RF-GBA tie in too...

IT WILL BE RE-RELEASED - NO PANIC PLEASE
biggrin.gif

There is just a little thing i don't understand... why do u call it RE-release? was it released before?

From what I recall (from the old thread), the game was ready but wasn't released because of some incompatability with some of those jap saturns...

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Jul 15, 2003 @ 12:51 AM

There is just a little thing i don't understand... why do u call it RE-release? was it released before?

From what I recall (from the old thread), the game was ready but wasn't released because of some incompatability with some of those jap saturns...

Yes you´re right, but i didn´t find another word for it....suggestions?

And btw:

I´ve mailed GoodDealGames with the question of how to run a Saturn CD-R....

And they also wanted to release a Saturn game a few years ago, but as they came across the wall of the security ring they gave up and had no solution for it...

So the Saturn CDs might have the first known working and non crackable copy protection worldwide...

Saturn's protection is a really good one... If the cdboard was in the mainboard probably even modboards wouldn't exist.

Ah, about the RE-release.. no i don't have any suggestion
wink.gif
I just wanted to know that.

The Saturn's protection isn't unbreakable, the availability of modboards is proof of that. If you discount hardware modifications there are other equally good schemes, eg. the Playstation's.

I´ve mailed GoodDealGames with the question of how to run a Saturn CD-R....

And they also wanted to release a Saturn game a few years ago, but as they came across the wall of the security ring they gave up and had no solution for it...

I know. I helped them at that time. They planned to release three Saturn games. Its a pity they didn´t got out.

I can only see one solution : get a company to PRESS the cds. They must have done so once (prolific have released other Saturn games or?) so get the old equipment up and press the cds with the security ring on. What device is required to press Saturn cds? (search Ebay
smile.gif
)

I don´t think that they press the security ring while burning the game - you have to own special Saturn CD-Rs, and to get 1000 of them is nearly impossible...

I don´t think that they press the security ring while burning the game - you have to own special Saturn CD-Rs, and to get 1000 of them is nearly impossible...
But they must have pressed those CD-Rs in the beggining. If Sega would do 1000 ones for a price of 1$ each, im shure all saturnfans would gladly pay a small extra fee to make the game runnable on all saturns. The problem would be too make a company do that However, im happy as long as it released whatsoever...

I'm cerain I wouldn't donate period and will just download an bincue, assuming this ever comes out

I can´t get Prolific Inc. to a point where they say "Yes, you are allowed to release the game to the general public"!

My first contact to the guys there was in February and now we have October! :angry:

What can WE do to convince them of giving the permission? Starting a petition??? :ph34r:

Asking TecToy in Brasil if they press them for us?

Asking SEGA???

Any help appreciated!

That one day we all can download and burn this game for the Saturn!

Back