SailorMoon 3DO Game

I have been looking everywhere for this game and I have not been able to find it anywhere except for ridiculous prices on eBay. If anybody knows where I can download a copy of the game, since I am basically strapped for cash... I would appreciate it. Games are hard to find for the system in stores now. Thanks!

This is probably the oldest topic I've ever replied to but..

THERE WAS A SAILOR MOON GAME FOR 3DO?!

Who made it?

What kinda game is it

When did it come out?

Where can I get it?

How does it play?

HOLY SHIT, who the hell licensed that game... im very surprised seeing all the shit that was only released for the thing... except for alone in the dark, thats the ONLY reason i own the thing.

Come now - 3DO has Gex and Return Fire, both of which I think came out on this console before any others. And 3DO has the original Bust-a-Move, which I don't think exists on any other console (aside from the japanese release)..

And I haven't even explored the greats of the 3DO yet, so there is bound to be more! :cool:

Dont get me wrong, i own a 3DO, but i have yet to be wowed by anything unique to the system. and i dont mean graphically. See my body tillman owned one back a long time ago, before Gex was big on the PSX, and he owned like 60 games for the thing. I spent a whole night going through every game on the thing and only enjoyed GEX and Alone in the Dark. but it might of been the drugs too. That kid was cool wonder were he went, he had a cumquat tree, can you believe that CUMQUAT... dude Florida has sooo many cool people, to bad it sucks here.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Tue, 2004-08-31 @ 05:39 PM

It was a 2D fighter, and it sucked.

[post=117581]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, it wasn't bad.

I liked the background and the animation so closely resembled the anime.

I'd say it's one of the better Sailor Moon games.

This game would have been FANTASTIC had the gameplay been improved.

It is unheard of in the US because Panasonic didn't bring the game over. Sailor Moon was airing in the US (that horrible dub! :angry: ) but stopped for a few months. That gave Panasonic some qualms about the move and they changed their mind.

In Japan, the game sold well! Bandai event had a 2day-Sailor Moon 3DO show in Tokyo! And this game looked absolutely fantastic then! Actually, it still does now though. Okay, the gameplay sucked but it has a certain anime touch to it few anime games have. Kinda hard to explain it.

A must have for Sailor Moon fans!!!!

It pops up on Ebay once in awhile.

Sailormoon for the 3DO is pretty good. Sure it's no street fighter, but it's good. I can only imagine if it was Capcom that made that game. Yu YU Hakusho is a good fighter as well.

BTW, I am the only one selliing Sailormoon for the 3DO on ebay at the moment (along with a load of duplicate games I have).

Originally posted by DeGamer@Fri, 2005-01-21 @ 08:05 PM

Sailormoon for the 3DO is pretty good. Sure it's no street fighter, but it's good. I can only imagine if it was Capcom that made that game. Yu YU Hakusho is a good fighter as well.

BTW, I am the only one selliing Sailormoon for the 3DO on ebay at the moment (along with a load of duplicate games I have).

[post=128197]Quoted post[/post]​

What's the item number? I can't seem to find it

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Tue, 2004-08-31 @ 08:17 PM

Come now - 3DO has Gex and Return Fire, both of which I think came out on this console before any others. And 3DO has the original Bust-a-Move, which I don't think exists on any other console (aside from the japanese release)..

And I haven't even explored the greats of the 3DO yet, so there is bound to be more! :cool:

[post=117589]Quoted post[/post]​

bust-a-move was released stateside on the super nes in 1995. BAM.

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Thu, 2004-09-02 @ 02:34 AM

This is probably the oldest topic I've ever replied to but..

THERE WAS A SAILOR MOON GAME FOR 3DO?!

[post=117568]Quoted post[/post]​

here you go!

I just got Sailor Moon for the 3DO! :banana

The prior comments are about right. Basically, if you're in any way a fan of Sailor Moon, like I am, you'll love the game. If you're just a fighter fan checking out street fighter clones, you'll probably be disappointed.

Just to verify, it works fine on a US FZ-1 3DO without any tricks or mods.

The first cool part is the intro. It starts out with a 2-D animation that morphs into 3-D, and then the entire opening sequence/theme from the original Sailor Moon TV show is done in 3-D.

We were actually a bit worried that maybe the in-game characters were going to be in 3D as well, but nope, luckilly the gameplay graphics are all 2D.

The only downside is that the in-game animation/motion feels a bit jerky. Not quite as smooth as I'd expect on a 32-bit system (or even the Genesis). But the backgrounds are full-parallax and the graphics are all colorful.

One bonus is that there is zooming. So the stage view widens as you go farther apart and shrinks as you get closer together. A feature not too common in early 2-D fighters.

The best part is the special moves. Each character has 4, and they are of the toward-down-toward-back-punch variety. And they are all the original character moves from straight the TV show. One of the moves is a power move, and requires that your power meter be charged before performing, but it is the biggest move and does lots of damage. It's usually the move they finish off the bad guy with in the show.

The entire solar system of Sailor Scouts is playable, which is sweet. The only downside is that none of the negaverse characters are playable, so there aren't any bad guys in the game. Kinda weird if you think about it. :blink:

Doesn't seem like there's any fatalities either.

Oh, and there's a com. vs. com. mode :huh

The 3DO controllers don't have very good action on the D-pad though. I need to find a couple of those capcom ones.

Back