Saturn Mod Chip Board V2

Hi to all! I'm new to this forum, I'm from Italy so sorry for my english!!! 🙂

I've a question for all of you, I've bought a sega saturn modchip v2 from this site www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/shop/

and tried to install it by myself following the instructions on this page www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/shop/saturn/saturnchipguide2.htm

but whit no results, when I insert an original cd the saturn thinks it's an audio cd, when I remove the modchip all turns normal.

Thes is a thing that makes me doubt: It's possible that this modchip doesn't have a signal cable? As it seems on the instruction page the only thing to do it's to plug the ribbon cable and put the power supply inside one hole of the power supply of the cd (the green plug).

I hope I've explained my problem in a correct way and above all I hope that some of you can help me!!!

Thank you

Dario

Did you connect A and B on the board right?

All else failed you can always connect the signal wire to CD board IC. 😛

I got this v2 mod chip from UK source and it does look different from Jandaman(?) mod chip. I'm going to put this one into JVC V-Saturn to see how it goes...

cheers

It really doesn't come with a signal wire or cable it only has the ribbon cable for the mother board, ribbon cable for the laser assembly and a wire that goes to the 5V power supply. This kind of modchips works fine depending on the chip of the laser assembly, if the chip is made for 21-32 saturn model it will not work on a

21-64 vice versa, so if your saturn doesn't match the modchip the only thing it will do is read the audio tracks. 🙂 :lol:

Originally posted by orta@May 19, 2004 @ 09:48 PM

It really doesn't come with a signal wire or cable it only has the ribbon cable for the mother board, ribbon cable for the laser assembly and a wire that goes to the 5V power supply. This kind of modchips works fine depending on the chip of the laser assembly, if the chip is made for 21-32 saturn model it will not work on a

21-64 vice versa, so if your saturn doesn't match the modchip the only thing it will do is read the audio tracks. 🙂 :lol:

Thank you for your reply. The site were I bought it (http://www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/shop/saturn/saturn.htm) says that it is compatible with both 32pin and 64pin version.

Originally posted by darkj75+May 20, 2004 @ 06:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darkj75 @ May 20, 2004 @ 06:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> The site were I bought it (http://www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/shop/saturn/saturn.htm) says that it is compatible with both 32pin and 64pin version. [/b]

Well, what it says and what the mod actually does seem to be two different things. <_<

<!--QuoteBegin-orta
@May 20, 2004 @ 12:48 PM

This kind of modchips works fine depending on the chip of the laser assembly, if the chip is made for 21-32 saturn model it will not work on a 21-64 vice versa, so if your saturn doesn't match the modchip the only thing it will do is read the audio tracks. 🙂 :lol:[/quote]

That's not completely true.

AFAIK there are no mods (except dead ones) that will not work in a 32 pin Saturn.

I'll just consult my Magic 8 Ball...

OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD

Seriously though, how the heck would I know? Pretty much all I know about mods I've worked out myself.

There may be one small detail that I'm missing with these (or all) mods that's stopping them from working in 64 pin Saturns. Unless someone else can be bothered to put in the time to do some tests and experiments, we'll never know.

Back