Sega 32x pinout

Hi

Just bought a 32x without cables and power supply very cheap.

managed to source a cable to connect 32x to megadrive 1 from the states, just waiting for delivery.

However decided to use simple wires (solid core) in interim.

Found a pinout on gamesx.com and another one on http://www.geocities.com/sonic412781/32xcable.pdf

wired it up and it plays fine but without sound. Picture is dead stable so no problems there.

If you look at the geocities file and compare it to the gamesx file there is a mismatch, probably to do with bottom left pin for 5vdc. the pdf then connects to 3 clockwise, however gamesx connects 5 anticlockwise if you see what I mean.

Does anybody have a definative pinout for 32x and megadrive 1? Failing that is there anywhere in the Uk that could supply a md2 cable?

I could use my megdrive 2 but this is connected to a megacd and anyway I only have 1 megadrive 2 and about 5 megadrive 1s, so I know which I would rather fry!!

Check out my collection on www.lilliputweb.com

cheers for you help

I used gamesx.com back when in i think 2001 to rig up a mickey jigged av crossover cable from my genny 1 to 32x. I used a 8 pin din plug from radio shack and sewing needles.

Anyways, yeah it worked great for years until I finally located a real one. Then I gave my rigged one away to someone here on SX, don't remember who. But I assure you it worked using their pinout guide. this one to be exact

Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2005-03-22 @ 11:21 PM

I used gamesx.com back when in i think 2001 to rig up a mickey jigged av crossover cable from my genny 1 to 32x. I used a 8 pin din plug from radio shack and sewing needles.

Anyways, yeah it worked great for years until I finally located a real one. Then I gave my rigged one away to someone here on SX, don't remember who. But I assure you it worked using their pinout guide. this one to be exact

[post=131990]Quoted post[/post]​

This is the one I used but I get no sound from it. Picture perfect but silent.

What does the 5vdc pin do, is it simply 5 volts DC or something else. I think this is the problem port

Are you using an RF cable or AV cable to go from the 32X to the TV? I believe for the RF cable, Audio Mono is used and for A/V, Stereo L and Stereo R are used.

+5VDC simply provides +5 volts DC, I think the RF adapter uses it. If you attach the 5V pins you can run the Genesis and 32X off of the same power brick (not necessarily a good idea, but it works for me).

First thing, he is building a genny 1 to 32x cable, so there is no right speaker (as the genny one only puts out mono through the plug in the back, you have to tap the headphone jack for stereo...)

maybe thats your problem bro, are you sending the sound cables properly? I believe you have to send the audio mono to the L pin... actually you can try sending the audio mono on the genny1 to all three audio pins on the 32x, faking it into thinking its stereo just stereo mono.

Are you using mono A/V cables for the 32x, or are you using stereo cables?

I understand that there is only mono out on his Genesis 1. My point is if he's connecting a stereo A/V cable to the 32X the audio needs to be attached to the stereo audio connectors and if he's using either a mono A/V cable or the RF adapter he needs to attach it to the mono pin.

Back