SEGA Saturn 29th Anniversary Game Competition - Discussion Thread

30 minutes to spare.. I uploaded RC2 of Pixel Poppy Pong, haha. Nothing like a last minute scramble!

I edited the competition thread a bit (moved comments out of that thread to this, combined 7shades posts into one, etc). Let me know if someone wants something changed.

I updated my entry to fix the .cue sheet.

if you have RC2, you can just open the .iso instead, since I have no music.

sorry I had one more update, and it was kind of game breaking if you ran into it - from my change log:
Fixed a game state bug that could sometimes happen which would prevent you from starting the next match, which would prevent you from being able to complete the game.
I only discovered it when playing to try and record a demo. Luckily it was an easy fix..

i'd like to apologize to sanisgolo since i completely blinded rmld
but that recording was literally me just mashing A through the dialogue.....

but hey, you didn't rage quit my game! lol.

I'm going to try to play some of these tonight, and I really want to try 240p test suite. I realized when I started making/testing my game, that my CRT isn't very good - even though it was new / 0 hours when I got it and looks fine at first glance.

i'd like to apologize to sanisgolo since i completely blinded rmld
but that recording was literally me just mashing A through the dialogue.....
Don't worry about it, unfortunately visual novels aren't that great to watch or stream

@Tails of Saturn It's nice that you do those videos showcasing the competition entries, but there seems to be a contrast issue somewhere in your video chain that crushes dark areas and overblows saturated ones.

It's particularly visible on the Doom video :

That could possibly due to an unnecessary colorspace conversion from tv to pc as I get a similar result if I do that on a video that I've recorded.

@Tails of Saturn It's nice that you do those videos showcasing the competition entries, but there seems to be a contrast issue somewhere in your video chain that crushes dark areas and overblows saturated ones.

It's particularly visible on the Doom video :

That could possibly due to an unnecessary colorspace conversion from tv to pc as I get a similar result if I do that on a video that I've recorded.

Yea its some combo of my recording setup + OBS. Comes through OK on my screen. I think I need to adjust OBS a bit, will work on it and see if I can improve things.

Nice video!
Tough I noticed you did not use version 2 of the Dungeon Master Nexus English translation that I posted earlier in this thread, along with the French translation.
Look here for links: Dungeon Master Nexus for Sega Saturn - English V2 and French + Translation Kit for any language

I hope version 2 gets evaluated as it contains lots of little improvements.
Hey, first off, just to clarify, I'm not a judge or organiser or anything, this video is just a showreel I made for my youtube channel. I was aware of your version 2. I updated the video for Ponuts update because of how visually distinct it was, but for your translation I thought that it was already fully functional and the viewer would already recognise it as a professional quality translation so didn't see it necessary to do an updated video. I didn't do the updated version of Cold Case either, again because visually speaking the viewer would get a good impression of the game. Hope you don't mind. If you do, do say

As for French version, I don't speak French, so ...

Back