Sega's "explosive" E3 announcement

Originally posted by racketboy+May 1, 2004 @ 05:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ May 1, 2004 @ 05:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mountaindud@May 1, 2004 @ 09:18 PM

I think a Nintendo-Sega-Namco-Microsoft Console would be awesome. I don't want to have to buy three consoles in the coming years. :beerchug

Yeah! Get Konami and Capcom in on it and they can all gang up on Sony & EA

But then you still have Square and Rockstar (not that I'm a Rockstar fan) [/b][/quote]

Square and EA are just shadows of their former selves. Take away Madden and FF, and both would be gone overnight (Don't know about EA, but Square for sure).

A Sega-Nintendo-Namco-Capcom-Konami console would destroy all. Not even $ony would be able to beat it. Not even with Square and EA (Rockstar is nothing).

Also, you talk about $ony's piece of shit keychain is gonna be $150? Watch it jump to $200 easily.

$ony's doing all the thing's Sega did in the early to mid 90's. Which is good this time around. :lol: :devil :hehehe:

Originally posted by ZoNeD@May 2, 2004 @ 01:03 AM

Does sega even still have R&D people for hardware? I would love a new sega console but is it possible? :huh

Yeah they will do. They do still Develop arcade hardware.

Bah! I would hate to see em team up w/ M$. You know what would happen....M$ would take all SEGA's ppl, and put em into a M$ one. This would happen over-time of course, then we wouldn't have SEGA anymore :(. Bastages....

I think a SEGA/Big N system would rock. That's a force to be scared of, the two big giants working together. Sure they aren't the 2 biggest names, but the magic is still there. The games that would come out of that....gah! Too bad there is a VERY small chance of this happening, but who knows? *dreams*

Yeah a Nintendo/SEGA console and software cooperation would be awesome but very slim chances of happening. I just think its not a very smart thing to create this big of expectation because normally it also creates a bigger disappointment. It better be a really huge announcement or else..

I still think a Nintendo/Sega AND a MS/Sega system would be cool.

And then leave Sony out in the dust. Only thing is, Sega probably makes good money off its PS2 games

Originally posted by racketboy@May 2, 2004 @ 06:14 PM

I still think a Nintendo/Sega AND a MS/Sega system would be cool.

And then leave Sony out in the dust. Only thing is, Sega probably makes good money off its PS2 games

VF + PoS2 + Japan = Shitloads of cash for Sega

If it weren't for VF, the Saturn would've gone NOWHERE in Japan, same with the DC at launch (200,000 DC, 180,000 VF3)

Where would Sega be without VF?

Where would I be without VF? :unsure:

I'm willing to bet that Sega's not going to announce a new console. In fact, I'm willing to lay down $50 on it, any takers?

Wow, us Sega fans have scoured the four corners of the Internet trying to come up with the answer. How crappy would it be if they announced something hurting like "Sega will be bringing Pachinko machines to the US!"?

Originally posted by crystalmethod+May 2, 2004 @ 09:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crystalmethod @ May 2, 2004 @ 09:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>How crappy would it be if they announced something hurting like "Sega will be bringing Pachinko machines to the US!"?[/b]

Lol!

<!--QuoteBegin-cww80
@May 2, 2004 @ 09:28 PM

If Sega announces a new console, I'll grow another dick...[/quote]

ROFL!

Originally posted by it290@May 2, 2004 @ 08:14 PM

I'm willing to bet that Sega's not going to announce a new console. In fact, I'm willing to lay down $50 on it, any takers?

Gallstaff will bet you on that. ;) :lol:

Gallstaff, you might as well just give him the $50 now. ;) :lol:

Originally posted by it290@May 3, 2004 @ 02:14 AM

No, but I'll bet my double chocolate muffin on it. Of course, I'll have eaten it already - but it's the thought that counts, right?

If Sega announce a new console, I promise to goto Japan, dressed as Segata Sanshirou with a giant Paper Maché Saturn on my back to buy one on day of release.

...So if it's true. I'm going to be looking like a dumbass.

Am I the only person that thinks the greatest possible announcement by Sega is to begin developing and marketing new games for their retro systems? I'd give my left cube for a new 32x game. They could put some awesome stuff on 32x-CDs. They have the benefit of hindsight, they can start anew back in '92 and do it right this time! They'll create wonderful, timeless, classic games (like they always have), and stay away from FMV-only games and lame port-overs. Just image a whole library of games of the calibre of Eternal Champions-CD, Sonic-CD, Lunar, Aleste, Final Fight, Thunderstrike, Batman Returns, (all the other great timeless, classic SegaCD RPGs) etc. And with the enhanced power of the 32x behind them.

Maybe they can even re-release some of the existing games with bug fixes (like the bug in Star Wars 32x that causes it to crash on the last level).

I know I'm dreaming. But the thought of new material for my favorite systems turns me even more than the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, and might even slightly inch out the thought of Evil Dead 4 (er, maybe) and having the original original (non-blasphemous editions) Star Wars trilogy released on dvd (unless we get a formal apology on national TV from George Lucas for changing the songs in Jedi, and in that case this might beat out my desires for Sega).

JMT.

actually that did occur to me.

another thing that sounded interesting has to do with that "certification" type thing.

The upcoming MS and/or Nintendo boxes could be "backwords compatible" with Dreamcast. Big problem there is the GD-ROM format. One can dream though.

It's hard to guess things that "you'll never guess" :D

Originally posted by racketboy@May 3, 2004 @ 06:50 PM

Big problem there is the GD-ROM format.

Not really. All they would need to do is license out the custom firmware. The physical drive isn't really any different.

Back