Shenmue III will be a movie! WTF!?

Boys and girls, read this interview:

Yu Suzuki

and try not to cry
sad.gif

Well, at least it'll sell more than the games, I think. Anyway, that's sad ???

Eeh... not a HUGE deal (in my opinion). At least he's not killing it off comepletely.

The rest of the facts from the interview sound promising and exciting.

Matrix-inspired Virtua Cop 3!

New Outrun!

Another mention of Virtua Fighter Quest!

Did I read the article right? Will there be a new Fighting Vipers? Why the hell dont they just make another MEGAMIX?!

Originally posted by cherok@Jan. 09 2003, 3:08 pm

Did I read the article right? Will there be a new Fighting Vipers? Why the hell dont they just make another MEGAMIX?!

umm I re-read the article multiple times and I never saw anything about Fighting Vipers

I'm with racketboy here - I don't believe it will be a huge loss. Shenmue was a revolutionary game...for the time. If endless sequels are generated then it will just become another franchise much like Final Fantasy. A movie would be great - you get to watch the development of Ryo and all the cool CG, without the endless conversations with NPCs about "that day..."
smile.gif

But Shenmue 2 was such a leap over the first game, the third (and supposedly final) one would have been amazing especially on the new hardware there is now. There's so much to tie up, the thought of it being diluted into a movie-length feature leaves me very cold.

Originally posted by Tony Skyrunner+Jan. 09 2003, 1:55 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony Skyrunner @ Jan. 09 2003, 1:55 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>Boys and girls, read this interview:

Yu Suzuki

and try not to cry
sad.gif

Well, at least it'll sell more than the games, I think. Anyway, that's sad ???[/b]

You forgot to mention the scan of the magazine's cover.
ohmy.gif

<!--QuoteBegin-~HellRaiser~
@Jan. 06 2003, 10:34 pm

This interview was sent in by Protomic in which he also scanned the "magazine cover" and "interview". ~HellRaiser~

[/quote]

:
wink.gif
:

Originally posted by mal@Jan. 10 2003, 5:59 pm

DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball??
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

You've not heard of this? It's been on the net for ages and is apparantly quite good...in a tamagotchi love/date sim kinda way
smile.gif

Myname ->Yes, Shenmue II was a vast improvement over Shenmue, but SIII would need to be a huge leap ahead of SII to keep me interested. It's the sort of concept that could become very stale very quickly - especially given that I don't believe SIII would be the last in the series. There is simply no way that Ryo could gain the skills to defeat Lan Di (of the ChiYouMen) in only one installment.

Originally posted by Curtis@Jan. 10 2003, 12:29 pm

It's the sort of concept that could become very stale very quickly - especially given that I don't believe SIII would be the last in the series. There is simply no way that Ryo could gain the skills to defeat Lan Di (of the ChiYouMen) in only one installment.

Yu Suzuki recntly said that the third would be the last one. There was originally going to be six, but that changed after Sega wanted him to condense more into Shenmue II.

Plus, it might not necessarily come down to a fight between Ryo and Lan Di in the end, there are other possibilties apart from some dramatic fight to the death. Since all the way through Ryo is told that his father wouldn't want him living his life for revenge, maybe he begins to respect his wishes. Or maybe Lan Di brings about his own downfall somehow.. So I don't see that that's a decent reason for this not being the last.

So there.

Lan Di is a double 'ard bastard! Think what would of happened if he finished off both Ryo and Iwao at the start of Shenmue 1?!? (yea right...running around as Ine <Crazy old lady...> or fuku-san <tool!>, THAT would be fun!)
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k@Jan. 09 2003, 3:14 pm

NO! dont sell your X BOX Hollywood.....we still have panzer dragoon don't we?!?

lg-sock-monkey.jpg

Yep... and I still havn't finished Zwei yet...

Changed my mind though... new software coming out for mod-chipped boxes
smile.gif

Originally posted by Curtis+Jan. 10 2003, 9:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curtis @ Jan. 10 2003, 9:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mal@Jan. 10 2003, 5:59 pm

DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball??
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

You've not heard of this? It's been on the net for ages and is apparantly quite good...in a tamagotchi love/date sim kinda way
smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

My newest (only) console is a Saturn and my newest arcade board is from 1996 or so.

I'm hardly a cutting edge gamer.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Well, here's a bit of good news (don't get me wrong, despite what I said earlier it's still good news
smile.gif
)

No Shenmue III Film

Sunday, January 12, 13:48 | Aramo |

Sega's development studio AM2 stated that no Shenmue III film is currently scheduled. The company explained in a message on its Website that it is rather useless to make a film while there is no game (yet). The latest title in the series,Shenmue II, is available on the Xbox.

This news comes from Planet Xbox, to the greater joy of many gamers.
smile.gif

Back