Shining Force III Premium Disk Translation

Regardless of a shitty translation, atleast now it's very doable and atleast half-way understandable for us non-japanese folk.

If you know it so well Skank, why don't you go and translate all the text w/ your leet skills?

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Mon, 2006-05-01 @ 09:06 PM

Regardless of a shitty translation, atleast now it's very doable and atleast half-way understandable for us non-japanese folk.

If you know it so well Skank, why don't you go and translate all the text w/ your leet skills?

[post=146002]Quoted post[/post]​

i never claimed to 'know it so well' as you put it. also, do you speak any foreign languages? have you ever sat down and tried to accurately translate a book for the masses? it's the same process and about the same amount of text in some cases, even fluent speakers of languages takes lots of time to do this stuff.

also, since you don't seem to be able to read, i'll copy and paste this for you so it might give you some context of what i'm doing: although, since i'm currently in japan for school i have lots of other things to do, so it's on the backburner until 1) the programmer gets the text inserted that i've translated to make sure it works and we're not worried about text problems and 2) i have free time

look, i even made it bold for you

Well, if you're not doing anything in the effort, then let it be. Offer constructive critisism, but don't bash.

Yes, I speak tidbits of french, I can read kids books and such but no big novels or anything. It is hard, and I am not saying it isn't.

Since you obviously have a hard time reading, this will be my last post on the subject unless something of actual substance comes up.

I wasn't bashing the effort of hacking the game, the game is not easy to deal with, I'm saying he's doing a disservice to the game and the people playing it by doing a half-assed babelfish translation.

Not to mention why would you bother going through such pains translating a game if you're going to do it half-assed? *shrugs*

Cyber Warrior X

Back