Snatcher

Okay, here's what I did:

1) Got Snatcher ISO from www.the-underdogs.org

2) decoded mp3s to wav files with win32lame

3) created an cue file with sega cue creator

4) used fireburner to create a disc, burned at 1x

I still got a coaster. What did I do wrong? Are there any steps or settings I need to be aware of? I know you guys get tons of posts like these, but I've tried everything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

here are my specs:

PII 400mhz

384 megs RAM

Yamaha cdr/rw 24x10x40

Does Fireburner burn via cuesheets? I always thought the thing about FB was that it could burn mixed-mode CDs *without* the need for a cuesheet. Either way, I think it's famous for burning in TAO mode... whereas you want to burn Saturn games in DAO mode.

You seem to have done everything correctly, however - for one thing, I would use Nero or CDRWin rather than FireBurner.

The other thing I wonder about is: how do you know the CD is a coaster? What happened when you tried it in your Saturn?

Are you trying to play the game with an emulator or on an actual Sega CD?

Saturn? On ya Taelon.
tongue.gif

I'm actually trying it on a model two segacd. I put the disc in and it checks the disc then sends me into cd player mode. I can't play the game!

Ooooooooooops .....

I thought Snatcher was a Saturn game.....

But in any case.....

tsumake's last post sounds definitely like the disc was burned in TAO instead of DAO, and/or with improper gap between data and audio tracks...

...so I stand by my recommendation NOT to use Fireburner to burn a cuesheet image.

Originally posted by Taelon@Jan. 12 2003, 4:28 am

Ooooooooooops .....

I thought Snatcher was a Saturn game.....

It is. But it's only in Japanese for the Saturn. The SCD version was the only real, non-hacked English version.

I tried to burn some PS2 emus with CDRWin and got a lot of beautiful coasters, so I learnt to do it with Fireburner using this configuration (well, you don't have to use 1x
biggrin.gif
):

fireburner.jpg

Burn a CDRW and test it with Gens.

Originally posted by Tony Skyrunner@Jan. 12 2003, 10:27 am

I tried to burn some PS2 emus with CDRWin and got a lot of beautiful coasters, so I learnt to do it with Fireburner using this configuration (well, you don't have to use 1x
biggrin.gif
):

*image snipped*

Burn a CDRW and test it with Gens.

Thanks for the advice, but I still get a coaster
sad.gif

I got the iso from the-underdogs.org, is there something funky with that iso? I can use it find with an emu, but I can't burn it!

I put the cdr in the segacd drive, it checks it, then sends me to the cd player. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Originally posted by tsumake@Jan. 12 2003, 9:08 pm

I put the cdr in the segacd drive, it checks it, then sends me to the cd player. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Are you sure the regions of your Sega CD and the game match? I know games from other markets will send your CD unit to the CD player, unless of course you have a modified or otherwise compatible console.

printf

Hmm...you might be right. Does anyone know if the snatcher iso from underdogs is american or not? Could it be PAL? How can I check?

Back