Soul Calibur II

I got Soul Calibur II on the PS-2. Even though the game was improved in comparison to Soul Calibur on DC, I didn’t enjoy the game at all!

It just didn’t introduce anything new or revolutionary, compared to the DC version.

The music sucked! It was nowhere near as good as the Soul Calibur music, or the awesome arranged audio tracks, of the original Soul Blade on PSX, which had the best music out of the 3 in my opinion.

The gameplay wasn’t that great & the moves just didn’t impress me!

The story mode was so boring & uninspiring. I just couldn’t be bothered to finish the extra story mode and unlock Berserker, Lizardman, Assassin. The missions where so cheap I got bored and stopped!

My favourite character Cervantes was greatly underpowered compared to the other 2 games!

As for the Levels, they were very poorly designed, compared to the DC levels.

The only cool looking level was the Thai palace next to the river.

Why did they use this old man, Heihatsi? He looks like he’s wearing false teeth! Old Guy! He doesn’t even have swords. :D

I’ve seen the X-Box version. It didn’t impress me either. (I don’t like Spawn either)

Link on the GCube might have been cool, but other than that, I think it would have been as boring as the other 2 versions.

Necrid was the only cool character. That guy can pound some kick-ass combos!

Raphael, what a Gay character! :D

My favourite:

1. Soul Blade – PSX (Had the best game-play & music)

2. Soul Calibur – DC (Great and revolutionary control & gameplay, but

not as good music as the 1st)

3. Soul Calibur II – (Just a cheap excuse for a sequel, nothing too special)

Heh, I agree. I bought Soul Calibur 2, but took it back for something else. It didn't really do it for me.

What's Tekken 4 on the PS-2 like?

Is it as shit as SC2?

I've only seen the arcade version, never played it, so I can't compare!

And what about Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution on PS-2?

Virtua Fighter 3 on DC sucked!

VF is cool but it has to be your style. It's not so much button smashing as timed and well thought out attacks. Tekken 4 is just ass....the whole series always has been and always will be IMO. They just keep gettin worse too.

Originally posted by retroborg@Jan 10, 2004 @ 01:29 PM

Is it as shit as SC2?

VF3 did NOT suck! No VF game sucks! And Virtua Fighter Evolution is just the greatest game period. Only one game can beat it, Virtua Fighter 5!

Oh man... saying that just brought back memories from my FFVII days.... Then again.. I WAS in 5th grade.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jan 11, 2004 @ 07:08 AM

VF3 did NOT suck! No VF game sucks! And Virtua Fighter Evolution is just the greatest game period. Only one game can beat it, Virtua Fighter 5!

VF3 didn't suck but it was the least accessible game of the series. VF4 fixed that problem making it more fun for beginners as well as the experts.

VF3 on the DC also wasn't helped by being a rushed conversion in order to make the launch.

When I say VF3 sucked, I don't mean the arcade version of course! That game looked gorgious back in 1996! Awesome game.

Nothing like the sucky rushed DC conversion!

Are the cool jumps present in VF4:Evolution?

Soul Calibur 2 was a huge dissapointment to me. I'm glad I rented it first because there is no way I'd buy this game. I really didn't feel like it improved much over the original, especially looking at how much later SCII came out.

As for VF3...that was also a huge dissapointment in my books. It got its ass handed to it due to Soul Calibur being released at the same time. It definitely is the worst in the series to date.

---Ammut

To be fair, SoulCalibur II is a good game in its own right... but it really NEEDS something to differentiate itself from the first. >_>

Now, Guilty Gear X2 on the other hand...

Suzuki even said it himself that VF3 was mainly designed for the hardcore VF player. The funny thing is... before I got it on DC, I only played VF3 TWICE in the arcade! You know what? I'll think I'll go play some VF3 now! :cheers :thumbs-up:

Originally posted by Cloud121+Jan 11, 2004 @ 07:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ Jan 11, 2004 @ 07:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-retroborg@Jan 10, 2004 @ 01:29 PM

Is it as shit as SC2?

VF3 did NOT suck! No VF game sucks! And Virtua Fighter Evolution is just the greatest game period. Only one game can beat it, Virtua Fighter 5![/b][/quote]

They all suck! Virtua Fighter is lame ass yuck! Specially compared with games like Tekken or DOA.

Originally posted by Zheræ@Jan 12, 2004 @ 11:30 PM

They all suck! Virtua Fighter is lame ass yuck! Specially compared with games like Tekken or DOA.

Even Toshinden is better than Tekken.

<_< >_>

vf 3 was stupid crap, i was excited finding it, but geez, what crap. tekken sux, every1 who likes it should go to hell. vf evo wuz gr8 alan doree sux

I guess the only people who like/liked VF3 are the ones that it was designed for: The Hardcore Fans (such as myself :D :p :smokin: :bow ). Imma playing it on DC now. Today is the Seoncd Anniversary of when I bought my DC with VMU and NBA 2K1. Although VF3 was THE GAME I bought my DC for in the first place. *Goes to DC Forum and writes another DC Essay*

Only one development team has managed to make a GOOD 3D fighting game, and that is Team Ninja. Dead or Alive 3 is the best 3D fighting game. All other developers still have much to learn.

All 3D fighters lack of dynamism and good hit distances, while Dead or Alive is dynamic as hell.

Oh, and, I agree, any Toshinden is better than any Tekken, gameplay-wise.

Toshinden _was_ good. Des-ROW, I thought you were a Virtua Fighter fan?

I don't know what you mean by dynamism, but I have to disagree with you that DoA 3 is the best 3d fighting game. IMHO, the DoA series on the whole lacks depth and relies too much on counters. The combo system is also weak.

My favorite (I won't go so far as to say it's the best) 3d fighter is Project Justice, but that game plays much more like a traditional 2d game.

Back