Soul Calibur II

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jan 14, 2004 @ 07:13 PM

nothing really beats pulling off your first 10-Hit Combo. Much like the feeling of doing a Dragon Punch for the first time.

? You get a feeling of acompishment when you do a dragon punch? Much like pulling off a ten hit combo? Man, what's so hard about a dragon punch that gets it compared to a 10-hit combo?

A speaking of fighting games, and combos - can anyone top my 17 hit combo in MK3? :devil

One of the reasons I don't like Tekken that much is the 10 hit combos. Where's the strategy in a unblockable chain of 10hits. Thats just a memory and reflexes test.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jan 15, 2004 @ 06:32 AM

A speaking of fighting games, and combos - can anyone top my 17 hit combo in MK3? :devil

How about just over 1,000 in GGX2? I would've kept going but my thumbs hurt. :)

Combos not possible in a real match don't count. But yeah, GGX2 has some pretty good combo'in abilities.

Seriously though, I think I have the ultimate - a 6-hit combo in Eternal Champions.

Oh and Des, wasn't it Toshinden 3 that had Michael Jackson in it? That automatically makes it better, IMHO.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon+Jan 15, 2004 @ 05:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CrazyGoon @ Jan 15, 2004 @ 05:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121@Jan 14, 2004 @ 07:13 PM

nothing really beats pulling off your first 10-Hit Combo. Much like the feeling of doing a Dragon Punch for the first time.

? You get a feeling of acompishment when you do a dragon punch? Much like pulling off a ten hit combo? Man, what's so hard about a dragon punch that gets it compared to a 10-hit combo?

A speaking of fighting games, and combos - can anyone top my 17 hit combo in MK3? :devil [/b][/quote]

No, I'm talking when you FIRST do so. In practically every "Top Ten Moments" game list, pulling off your first Dragon Punch is near the top. And I agree with 'em. When you first pull off that first 10-Hit Combo, it's just "WHOA! I JUST DID A 10-HIT COMBO!" Now... pulling off your first big Linker (4+ moves) just has to be one of the best feelings ever (in a fighting game anyway) though...

Originally posted by it290@Jan 15, 2004 @ 09:08 PM

Oh and Des, wasn't it Toshinden 3 that had Michael Jackson in it? That automatically makes it better, IMHO.

Haha, that is accurate, Toshinden 3 had Michael Jackson ^^;

Toshinden Subaru was weird though, too slow. And Miyabi's special attack scares me very much.... T.T

Originally posted by Cloud121+Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jan 15, 2004 @ 05:32 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121
@Jan 14, 2004 @ 07:13 PM

No, I'm talking when you FIRST do so. In practically every "Top Ten Moments" game list, pulling off your first Dragon Punch is near the top. And I agree with 'em. When you first pull off that first 10-Hit Combo, it's just "WHOA! I JUST DID A 10-HIT COMBO!" Now... pulling off your first big Linker (4+ moves) just has to be one of the best feelings ever (in a fighting game anyway) though... [/b][/quote]

Well, then I must be the odd one out from those 'top ten moments' lists, cause to be frank, I didn't have any trouble doing f,d,f + punch.

My first 'memerorable moment' for pulling of a 'tricky' move would be a fatality in Mortal Kombat back when it was first released. I'd never seen them before, and was starting to think they were just rumors, but when I got the distance correct, voila! And for some strange reason, those fatalities gave the game a whole lot more replay value :lol:

Wow this thread got off track fast, eh? Anyway, I have SC II for Xbox. In some ways it feels a bit more balanced than the original. But other than that, SC on DC is superior. Spawn is actually pretty fun, but his Japanese voice sounds a little funny. I wish I could set just him to English :D

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jan 16, 2004 @ 01:25 AM

Well, then I must be the odd one out from those 'top ten moments' lists, cause to be frank, I didn't have any trouble doing f,d,f + punch.

Um... he isn't talking about 'the first time you pull off the movement', he's talking about the people who played SF2 when it was the FIRST 1v1 fighting game of its kind, and moves like that were totally new and OMG.

I have to say, I couldn't help but gape the first time I was IK'ed by an AI in Guilty Gear (the first one) after having played X2 a lot... jeebus. Those things were so broken in GG.

Originally posted by Tagrineth+Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tagrineth @ Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jan 16, 2004 @ 01:25 AM

Um... he isn't talking about 'the first time you pull off the movement', he's talking about the people who played SF2 when it was the FIRST 1v1 fighting game of its kind, and moves like that were totally new and OMG.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121
@Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:09 PM

No, I'm talking when you FIRST do so.[/quote]

Um... he isn't talking about 'the first time you pull off the movement', he's talking about the people who played SF2 when it was the FIRST 1v1 fighting game of its kind, and moves like that were totally new and OMG.

I dig what you're sayin', but the original street fighter had the dragon punch in it as well.

Back