Special Edition Xbox

Originally posted by Mowgli@Oct. 24 2002, 7:57 am

Dreamcast = small, tidy, compact and stylish

Xbox = HUGE, ugly, black brick

My thoughts exactly.

As I've mentioned before, this is one of the main things keeping me from considering getting an XBox -- that and the only tempting games on there are the few Sega ones.

Out of the 3 current ones, Gamecube has the coolest and most thought out system design.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Oct. 24 2002, 7:33 pm

The DC was in part an abomination because instead of making a system that could compete (realistically) with the PS2, they rushed out a system that was underpowered and didn't offer the obligatory DVD system that everyone was expecting, just the PS2 was going to have it.

Come again? The Dreamcast was first released in Japan on Nov. 27th 1998. The first technical details of the PS2 hardware appeared in February 1999, and the system was unveiled in March the same year but only released a year after that. It's a bit difficult to compete with a system you don't know anything about and when the competition has over a year to finish their product. Claiming the Dreamcast was "rushed out" is also a bit odd.

Hey, I love my DC... but it's a case of Sega screwing it's loyal fanbase and themselves by thinking in the short term and trying to make a quick buck.

Pfft. That's all you hear from Sega fans nowadays, no matter what the subject at hand is. The Dreamcast was, and still is, a good piece of hardware that didn't make it.

fuk I play my DC more than anything, even my Cube. The only reason I would ever get a box is because you can play lots of emus on it and of course games Like panzer. My comp is in my parents room and it sux so I need a good old-school fix so I can put all my shit in the closet. This system is cool as fuk lookin. I would pay 50 bucks just for the casing if I could, and the controllers of course....they are sweet lookin. I have thought many times about gettin a Box but need a good reason to do so. this might be my reason....

Originally posted by Mowgli@Oct. 24 2002, 2:57 pm

Yes, the Xbox controllers are "similar" to that of a DC, but not so much as to start claiming them as Sega designs.

I don't know if this is true because I don't remember the source, but I read that the Japanese Xbox controller (the 'S' one?) Was designed by Sonic Team's Yuji Naka. I'm not sure I believe this personally, although it's a great pad, and infinitely superior to the giant one, the placement of the black and white button is awful.

Does anyone have any concrete info on the origin of this pad?

Originally posted by Cynnamin@Oct. 23 2002, 3:44 pm

I did, thanks. I also traced the link back and used just the image url and *gasp* it's still broken here. I wasn't that interested in seeing it anywho, was just making sure that folks know it IS broken for some of us.

that's weird everytime I try it, it works fine

Back