Spotty working Saturn mod...help please

Thanks for the reply Alexvrb, but I had the power wire soldered fairly well on both ends. Regardless, I was able to trade the Saturn back to the place I got it for another. My hope was to get rid of that particular 64 pin IC and hopefully end up with a 32 pin IC, and that is exactly what I got. :D

It was at this point that I would determine if that modboard itself was at fault, which I started to suspect, but luckily that was not the case... I'm glad to report that my new 32 pin IC Saturn has been modded in just the same way I did the 64 pin IC, that is, the A+B method and 0014. This Saturn is working like a champ and hasn't refused a SINGLE cdr that I have made, if you'll read my above posts in this thread you'll see that I've used several different brands and this Saturn boots each and every single one of them, on the very first try. I was pretty confident there was nothing wrong with my burns to begin with, glad to see I was right.

In the end, I guess that 64 pin IC Saturn just plum did not want to be modded. And I tried just about everything possible with the modboard in that Saturn :huh ...oh well doesn't matter now. Thanks to everyone who replied!

On a side note, I wanted to mention that the 64pin IC Saturn had a manufacture date of July 1996. The 32 pin IC I just got has a manufacture date of September 1996. Both units had the model #MK80000A.

Back