Subliminal Messages

Jaded God, I'm not always out to get you.
laugh.gif

Ever play Rings of Power for the Genesis? At the beginning the "Naughty Dog" dog was supposed to scroll across the screen, but if you hold some certain buttons a topless blonde makes her way through.

Ok then
wink.gif

But here's another subliminal message in a game. In FFIII when the main character you get right away (terra?) has a flashback to when they first put the slave crown thing on her the emperor is talking to a group of solders below him. There are two people next to him, one on either side. The way he speaks and then he starts waving his arm as does the crowd it seems VERY hitlerish. Then at the end he says soemthing like "Hail emperor (insert name)!"

The soldiers also seem to have like typical 40's war armor on resembling the nazi's loosely. Hasn't anyone else noticed this?

It's not like it'd be an unusual thing to put fascistic undertones into a part of a game which features a evil ruler and his army.

Originally posted by mal@Jun 26, 2003 @ 06:40 AM

Got any screen shots Gallstaff?
smokin.gif

Yeah i got one i'll edit the post with the pic as soon as i can take it and get it to my site

untitled-1_copy.jpg

And yeah their arms are going up and down in the game, that's just a still shot but you get the idea

i thought they were just trying to let you know how bad this guy is suposed to be by makeing you think of hittler --- dont they do that often in games and movies -- buy makling the bad guys similar to the nazis in some ways -- example - equilibrium - the flags - arcitecture - speaking post - uniforms -

in starwars i thought the bad buys looked similar to the nazis too --- i think they just use that because its an easy reference point for people to draw on to get an idea of how bad the bad guys are suposed to be

Back