SX Online Video Stream

I give it two weeks before nobody cares about it and it goes to crap like pretty much all the other "good idea at the time" things that happened here. Oh well.

it just seems like kinda of a gimmicky thing

now if there are downloadable divx files or something, that would be more useful

Yea, it's not gonna be broadcast live, it's just ummm live streaming.

Streaming is cool for ppl who like it. It's much faster than downloading the whole file waiting till it's done and then watching it!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're on a 56k, maybe.
rolleyes.gif
Except then you'd have to live with Realplayer-like quality, and we all know that's an oxymoron right there.
tongue.gif

I prefer downloading media files (why does one have broadband, after all), then viewing them in whatever player I choose regardless of whether that player has streaming capability or not. Seems if you want to stream you're limited to either a browser plugin or Windows Media Player. Ack.
ph34r.gif

Well, one does have broadband, so u can watch streaming with no probs. It's all a matter of opinion. If u don't like streaming media, then simply don't use it. We are working on the 56k version. It's not great quality atm anyway. It may be best to download if you're on 56k, but hey it's all up to u guys. At least the broadband version is working fine. Personally, I would rather stream than download a file and wait to get it then watch it, but again it's all about opinions
smile.gif

Originally posted by Meyitzo@Apr 17, 2003 @ 05:53 PM

Well, one does have broadband, so u can watch streaming with no probs. It's all a matter of opinion. If u don't like streaming media, then simply don't use it. We are working on the 56k version. It's not great quality atm anyway. It may be best to download if you're on 56k, but hey it's all up to u guys. At least the broadband version is working fine. Personally, I would rather stream than download a file and wait to get it then watch it, but again it's all about opinions
smile.gif

you could always offer both (?)

We will be offering both streaming and a downloadable file for those ppl who don't wanna stream. Just sorting out the main SX live page now.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Meyitzo@Apr 17, 2003 @ 06:35 PM

We will be offering both streaming and a downloadable file for those ppl who don't wanna stream. Just sorting out the main SX live page now.
tongue.gif

ooooooooh!
biggrin.gif

Hey everyone well with much time gone into this i have finally got the stream section working it SHOULD be easy to use now all thats available is the sonic music video iv been testing the system with so if all of u 56kers can plz test out the 56k section and let me know how well it runs for u it wud help me out a great deal so i can get it at best performance for 56kers thats all for now we can start working on all the stuff we have planned .!!!!

Back