Tendoweb logo idea

racketboy

Established Member
I'm posting this here for two reasons:

1) There is more audience here at SX (and maybe remind that audience that NX exists)

2) I can only post attachments here

I took a break from my homework to come up with a new logo for tendoweb.com (NintendoXtreme)

What do you think?

Maybe inspire a new theme for the board?

(Samus is the new Mario)

Attachments

• tendo.jpg
    tendo.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 91
  • tendo.jpg
    tendo.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 91
  • tendo.jpg
    tendo.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 89
I like how it uses part of the Nintendo logo in it. If for the second tendoweb.com you could make a "NintendoXtreme" I think it would make a good new logo.

Nice. 🙂

I've always thought "tendoweb" was a bit ambiguous - if you weren't aware of the site contents, you might be a little confused about its meaning. Using the Nintendo "tendo" styling, it's a little more obvious.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 04:54 AM

Looks good. I vote for the second one though. How about one with Link? 🙂

[post=125074]Quoted post[/post]​

like this? 😉

Attachments

• tendolink.jpg
    tendolink.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 76
  • tendolink.jpg
    tendolink.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 82
  • tendolink.jpg
    tendolink.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 85
I think it's decent, but there is too much contrast between the 'tendo' and the 'web' part... maybe beef up or bold the 'web' font to make it a little less jarring. I also think that 'tendoweb' should be closer together (like, put the o and the w right next to each other), and the .com should be set a little bit away, giving the site name more distinction. Perhaps make the .com smaller, as well.

Also, the Link one is cool, but the 'tendo' has to stay red, otherwise it just doesn't have the right feel.

Originally posted by it290@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 05:16 AM

Also, the Link one is cool, but the 'tendo' has to stay red, otherwise it just doesn't have the right feel.

[post=125076]Quoted post[/post]​

Which is whay I went with Samus originally.

I like the red look anyway.

But red letters would look dumb with Link

Hey, you can't fool me! Link is left-handed, so he should be holding the Master Sword with his left hand and the Magical Shield with his right hand. You horizontally flipped his pic, didn't you? :rant :rant :rant

On another note, nice choice of pose for Link though. 🙂

actually I just pulled the image from Google images as is.

The only thing I did to it was resize it 😀

how's this?

Attachments

• tendolinkred.jpg
    tendolinkred.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 66
  • tendolinkred.jpg
    tendolinkred.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 66
  • tendolinkred.jpg
    tendolinkred.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 63
I like the character, I like the idea of rotating the characters even more (Samus, Link, Mario, Charzard, etc.) Maybe move the character to one side or the other. Link would look good on the right side of the tendoweb.com. It would just depend on which way the character was facing how it would look.

really?

I thought since the 'tendo' and the 'web' didn't blend well together, the character looked good in the middle.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Sat, 2004-12-04 @ 03:33 AM

Hey, you can't fool me!  Link is left-handed, so he should be holding the Master Sword with his left hand and the Magical Shield with his right hand.

[post=125080]Quoted post[/post]​

He must be facing north then. :hehehe:

I think you mean east. North/south is not a sprite flip. It's the shield that's supposed to face north. 😉

Ah, that's right! Was that in the booklet for Link to the Past or was it the booklet for the original? I can't remember where it was written.

Back